Devious6
Participant
@devious6

I am now 3 days post having my work done. I’ve cleaned my tattoo 3 times a day using Dial Gold antibacterial soap and then applied a light coating of Aquaphor. I have had no scabbing at all and noticed on day 2 that several areas of my tattoo had a white film that I assumed to be the beginning of peeling. Today at noon after washing, as I started to apply the Aquaphor, I noticed black specks coming off as I lightly rubbed the Aquaphor in. By 2 this afternoon, I was itching. When I got home, I checked my tattoo and it is definitely beginning to peel – so I washed again and then switched to Aveeno body lotion.

I am definitely spoiled now with the ease of healing up this first tattoo. I’ve got a while to go but it seems to be progressing nicely..and more quickly than I expected.

More incentive to start planning my next!! :rolleyes:

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome!

That’s the way it’s supposed to work.

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

I thought the same thing on day 3 of my healing. Just a little peeling and looking great. I’m a week in today and there is some scabbing lots of peeling and even a little bleeding lol. Mine is a big tattoo though, don’t know about yours. Don’t speak so soon though, I was thinking how good mine was healing until now.

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

@zombae8723 147291 wrote:

I thought the same thing on day 3 of my healing. Just a little peeling and looking great. I’m a week in today and there is some scabbing lots of peeling and even a little bleeding lol. Mine is a big tattoo though, don’t know about yours. Don’t speak so soon though, I was thinking how good mine was healing until now.

Mine is pretty large, too. And, yeah, I’m waiting for something to happen. 🙂 So far, so good, though. It all still looks smooth and I actually had no plasma leak, no ink leak, no blood after it was done and wrapped. I have been amazed…and hope it stays that way.

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

I was amazed too and so proud lol. Everyone heals differently though. I had buckets of ink and plasma though. The artist told me his leaks more than some others because he packs in so much ink. Mine is peeling pretty good right now, hope it’s done soon.I still have a week or two until I can wear tank tops during the day and show it off!

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

Mine is just black and gray but I expected leakage and wore a crappy t-shirt to bed that first night. Nothing. Ever. Who knows, though? My time may be coming.

I want to go color with my next one so we’ll see what happens.

Not sure where you live but we are a month or so away from tank top weather here in northeastern PA. I’m making a trip to NC in a few weeks and hope to be healed by then.

I am missing going into our spa. We normally start every morning with a 15 minute soak and I can’t wait to be able to go back in!

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

I’m in Alabama, it’s not full on tank top weather yet but we’ve had some warm days recently and then today was 63°. They come and go right now but here in a couple of weeks it will be hot every day

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

That is a great part of the country to be able to show off your work. My niece and her family live in Hartselle, Alabama.

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

That’s cool, it’s about 30 minutes away. Yeah I read this guy in India or somewhere was taken to jail and questioned because he had an offensive tattoo.

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

I am in full “itchy” mode today. The whole tattoo has a layer of peeling skin over it – every time I wash and apply hand lotion I shed black specks. 🙂 At least it’s healing!!

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

I’m glad I dodged the itchy part this time, I really hate that! Glad it’s healing well!

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

How did you do that!!!!! 🙂 Tuesday was the worst day – it really isn’t bad at all now. I’m really stunned though at how good it all looks after 6 days. Still not healed and some peeling yet to go, but it’s looking really good. I’m wishing I had done it earlier in the year so I could have gotten my right shoulder/arm done before summer. I think I’ll be waiting until fall now.

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

Ugh, I should have knocked on wood, when I said I skipped the itching. I’m paying for it now! It’s not too bad though, if I slap some lotion on that bad boy. Do you have a pic of yours? I’m jealous you’re healing so easily! Most of my scabs have fell off, still have a few stragglers. Now I have some small clear dead skin peeling. I thought all of that was over, I guess not. This is my second large tattoo, my other is on my back and I had just had a bad car accident and was healing from that and learning to walk again. With that being said I kind of neglected taking care of it. I think I put some kind of cream on it twice maybe? It healed just fine though, no lose of color or anything, so I guess I got lucky there. I love this one so much more though so I have obsessed over it. Maybe that’s my problem and I’m hindering it somehow. I was taking steroids and antibiotics with the other, that might have helped, I dunno.

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

Wow!! You surely have reason to have slipped a bit on the aftercare. I hope you are recovering from the accident and will be back to full health soon.

I am now a week past getting my tattoo. It seems to have pretty much peeled and now itches very little. I can see a few places where there is still some dead skin that needs to be shed – mostly on the black lines – and every time I wash/lotion it a little piece or two comes off.

Here is a picture taken last Sunday. I will take another later today for comparison. This is my first – not my last – done as I am about to turn 61. I explored many designs and kept coming back to a tribal wolf design. The tribal aspects are considered outdated..I like to call it retro. But, at my age, I opted for what spoke to me, not what others think is in vogue. The wolf works for me – a retired Army officer – because it symbolizes a warrior, ferocity, cunning, intelligence and loyalty. I’ve also been told that in native American culture it is the symbol of the teacher and I am currently working in higher education. Finally, my last name is the Russian word for wolf.

The itch will pass!!

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

I’m over a year out from the accident and as healed as I’m going to be, thanks though. I thought about getting a wolf at some point. Maybe a lady with the wolf head type deals lol don’t know what they are called. As long as you like it that’s all that matters. My boyfriend is wanting a tribal tattoo and he’s 28. Seems like most everyone on this site hates them but that doesn’t matter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.