Pandamonium
Participant
@pandamonium

Got my first big tattoo today, completed about 8 hours ago. As I’m going on a 4-5 hour motorcycle ride tomorrow, my artist reccomended to keep the cling film on until after the ride (no longer than 24 hours) to try and help avoid rubbing. It shouldn’t rub but just in case.

Trouble is, it seems to be leaking ink an awful lot :/ Link to picture – Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Do you think I should just keep it covered or take it off, wash it and re cover it tomorrow morning before I leave?

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Pandamonium 147358 wrote:

Got my first big tattoo today, completed about 8 hours ago. As I’m going on a 4-5 hour motorcycle ride tomorrow, my artist reccomended to keep the cling film on until after the ride (no longer than 24 hours) to try and help avoid rubbing. It shouldn’t rub but just in case.

Trouble is, it seems to be leaking ink an awful lot :/ Link to picture – Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Do you think I should just keep it covered or take it off, wash it and re cover it tomorrow morning before I leave?

IMO you should put off the ride(you can always do that) the tattoo is forever,and you should relax and take it easy for a few days,keep it out of the sun,keep it clean,and go for a ride in a couple weeks.

one thing I don’t EVER understand ! is people plan and pay for a killer tattoo,but don’t plan for the aftercare,why the fuck do you plan an activity like that right after a fucking tattoo that will last a life time ?

LOL do you want a shitty heal and tattoo ? the weeks after a tattoo are just as FUCKING important as picking the right artist.

jeez !

for the first week after a tattoo,relax,dink some beer,do some bbq’ing,watch some netflix,stay out of the sun,care for this major injury you just got on your body ! the cool MC ride can wait.

fuck ! I go to Hawaii a couple times a year,and I always get a tattoo,but I plan my vacation AROUND my tattoo !

IT’S CALLED FUCKING PLANNING !

and ya,I know,everyone here will tell me I am wrong and I went over then top,but fuck it,people need to stop sniveling about tattoo healing and get a grip,this is how I feel and if you don’t like it,then too fucking bad.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Pandamonium 147358 wrote:

IMO you should put off the ride(you can always do that) the tattoo is forever,and you should relax and take it easy for a few days,keep it out of the sun,keep it clean,and go for a ride in a couple weeks.

one thing I don’t EVER understand ! is people pay for a killer tattoo,but don’t plan for the aftercare.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Cancel your little motorcycle ride you can always do it latter even if it is some organized ride. That tattoo that you just got is permanent try not to mess it up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.