melissahere
Participant
@melissahere

Hi guys, I’m new here.

I’m about to turn 18 and I want to get my first tattoo. Just a small one on my ribs of a family member’s signature. However, I’m extremely nervous due to the fact I have extremely sensitive skin. When I was younger, I couldn’t get my face painted because it turned into a rash, I have to stick to a strict acne regiment because if I try anything new I will break out (that’s my face, so different but still). My skin gets red and blotchy when sitting in the sun (usually if I don’t have sunscreen on) or taking a hot shower. I got my ears pierced twice and both times I got an infection (the first I don’t remember because I was five, and the second piercing I only had an infection in one year and it went away without any antibiotics and relatively quickly) But I can’t wear certain earrings without it hurting my ears.

I know there’s hypoallergenic ink at most tattoo parlors, so that’s a plus, and I’m definitely going to get the artist’s opinion when I call to make an appointment. However, I’m still extremely nervous that my skin could have a really bad reaction to the ink or the needle. I’ve read up on it a bit and most people say they’re fine, they just take care of their tattoo well and find products that work for them. This sounds weird, but I’m a super unlucky person so that one in a million chance it could go wrong, would be me.

So I’m wondering if any of you have gotten tattooed with skin as sensitive as mine, or even more sensitive and how you handled it. If my skin is so sensitive, would I just be better off not getting tatted? I really do want to do this, but this is the one thing that’s holding me back and making me nervous. I could really use some help here, so thanks for any responses!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.