clairie2016
    Participant
    @clairie2016

So I’ve had my tattoo for just under a year, healed without any problems just like all my others.

Noticed a few days ago, my tatt was itchy so silly me started scratching and I accidentally must have scratched it too hard, as I noticed that id taken the skin off a little bit on one of the black lines.

A day later, I now seem to have a hole in my skin which is red, feeling a bit warmer than the rest of my skin and sore to touch. I talked to my tattooist and she seems to think that it was a pimple and it will be fine. I am just a little worried that I may have the onset of an infection. Should I go to the doctor for antibiotics or am I just being silly. I’ve never had anything like this happen before.

clairie2016
    Participant
    @clairie2016
    turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

that looks very odd. almost like you maybe had a blackhead or something directly in the line of the tattoo.
    First step is go visit a doctor as the redness around it does indicate it might be infected. its possibly just because of you scratching but always take your health first and go see a doctor to confirm.they may be able to clean it for you and advise on what it may have been.
    after it is healed it should be quite easily fixable if there is any lasting damage by a quick touch up of the lines.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.