masamune69
    Participant
    @masamune69

Hi all,

So I had my ears stretched 14mm-9/16 for about 4 years now. I try to care for them as much as I can, I take the plugs off everyday wash them with soap while taking a shower then I dry them well and apply emu oil or vitamin E oil and put in clean plugs.

My left ear got infected, I don’t know why and how is this possible as I clean it everyday. So I took out the plug for a few days and clean it wit warm salty water but no results so I went to d doctor and he suggested Altargo antibiotic cream for seven days. Its been two days now and it seems to make good progress.

So the question is, am I gonna lose my size and have to go back 4 years and stretch again?! or I can do something to get it back as it was?! I think I’m putting a 10mm plug and then maybe 12mm while its healing till the 7th day of healing process.

Hope to get some answers,

Thanks guys!

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

if you are having this many issues with a plug i would consider changing the plug material. i have a piece of carved bone for mine which seemed to fix the issues i had with a surgical steel one.

also stretching can be done up to 14mm far quicker than 4 years. i stretched mine from 1.6 to 8mm in about a month using a tapered ring.

one last thing. i would not use soap to clean it. use saltwater or a specific piercing solution (not sure if these exist nut imagine they will by now) as soap may irritate the internal part of the stretching and if some particles of soap are caught in there when you put the tunnel back in it might cause the infection.

in the meantime leaving a very clean / sterile ring in place shouldnt be an issue while it is healing / recovering.

in fact letting it heal up could be even worse as i would seal the infection inside. im not saying ti will heal that quickly but there is always a chance with swelling and all.

masamune69
    Participant
    @masamune69

Hi,

Thanks for your replay.

No I stretched my 14’s in less then a year! I’ve been with my stretched ears for 4 years and never had a problem!
    So I solved the problem after all by applying antibiotic cream for 7 days meanwhile wearing 12mm plugs till it healed and then back with 14mm when it was fully healed!

its been 3 weeks now and till yesterday everything was fine but today I found some mucus scab and took off the plug because it feels like its gonna be infected again and I cant understand why this is happening!! ;(

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.