sambopr
Participant
@sambopr

Hello everyone. I don’t post much here but always check back from time to time. My question is.
What is the best way to get your ears pierced and not wear them during work hrs and not interrupt the healing process? Is there any secrets to this? How long does it take to properly heal? I have some counter parts that have them before there employment. The issue is i work for a very huge corporate company and image has alot to do with my job. I have always wanted them and have a hard enough time covering some of my tats.
Thoughts?

Amok
Participant
@amok

Just use those clear plastic studs, they’re fairly inconspicuous.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

hey, i could totally relate to this ‘coz this is how i started out ๐Ÿ™‚

the tough part is really getting started, you need some good 3 weeks at least for the first piercing to heal (without removing the original stud!)… so for me what i did was to cut off the head? of the stud such that it really just looks like a piece of wire in your ear, that in combination with some vacation/days off ๐Ÿ˜€ very few people noticed it and by the time it’s healed i’d put on my earrings as soon as i’m out off ice and take them out just before stepping back in. only risk here is that while it’s healing since there is no more lock it could go thru and out of your ear while sleeping (happened once and it was a pain to get it back) – sorry my english is really not good so this is the best i can explain my method…

anyway, from there possibilities are endless.. i’ve now actually streched my ears to 4G and wearing hiders at work and absolutely no one notices them… so same thing as soon as i’m out of the office i wear my plugs/tunnels and i think they look really great, and love people staring especially when i’m on a full business suit or anything else really formal.

this article is what got me started on stretching and using hiders in the office and planning to go to at least 0G (and hopefully i can stop there:D)

http://alternativegentleman.com/2011/07/08/stretched-ears-in-the-work-place/

hope this was helpful

btw, i am a Finance manager at a big MNC who’s into piercing and tattoos and glad to connect with people from the Corporate world having the same passion ๐Ÿ˜€

sambopr
Participant
@sambopr

Wow, thanks for the input. I was planning on doing this with the holidays coming up and a combination of days off. I also looked at those clear plastic plugs as well but I haven’t decided yet. Let’s see how I plan this out but thanks a million for your input. Your story is pretty much how mine is going to go.

Thanks.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

most welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

lemme know if you further help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.