Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Currently at a size 8 going to a size 12

Lets see other people’s 😀

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Stretching is measured in either gauge or by diamater in inches in the US or in other countries in millimeters so if I am correct your in the UK and “size 8” really means 8mm. and your poisening your ears with acrylic tapers and stretching way too fast and wearing tapers as jewlery which is bad weight distribution. you should only go up 1mm a month at the max and that is still fast I’ve been at 14mm or 9/16ths for 6 months and still havent stretched up more to give my ears more time. The only proper materials to wear in fresh stretches are glass, teflon, stainless steel, or titanium. all of which must be implant grade. I recommend you take your tapers out let your ears heal for a month figure out what size they’re at then start from there. using a good material and after about 4mm taping up to the next size over a week or two.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I don’t stretch up to fast i do it once a month and i got told by a peircer it’s safe to do it as soon as it heals which can be between 3-8 weeks 🙂

And this bad weight thing or w.e, What does that actually cause? because i was thinking of getting a stainless steel one, alot of my friends have theres at 14-20mm im only going to 12mm but they used the same kind of ones im using and theres have turned out fine?

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Tapers aren’t jewlery. they assist in stretching but thats it. if you have a big spike hanging off the back of your ear its going to put more weight on the back than the front which causes thinning of the back and you want even weight distribution to aid in keeping circulation consistant and preventing necrosis. Tapers work they do stretch your ears and I used to use them until I found out about taping which is much more gradual easier safer and healthier for your ears which you take a plug or tunnel and after a month or 2 you wrap 1 or 2 layers of pfte plumbing tape or bondage tape around each plug oil those suckers up then pop them back in. do this every other day for a few weeks until they match or are a little bigger then put your new plugs at the new size in. another thing i recommend is sleeping with your plugs out and oil massages. allows for better circulation and breaks down scar tissue for easier healthier stretching. pfte tape is only like $2 for a roll which will last for a stretch or two so its actually cheaper and you can buy economy steel tunnels for less than $15 per pair so its more cost effective and much better for your ears than tapers. I’m just sayin how to stretch healtheir and easier and to prevent your ears from literally dying or building up so much scar tissue you can’t reach your goal size. I thought i was going to stop at 5mm when i started stretching this time. so your goal size may change when you get there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.