IPCDesignLtd
Participant
@ipcdesignltd

Hi,

I had my lip pierced a week ago, after the first few days of it swelling and being really rather uncomfy it settled down…

Trouble is the bar that was used is way too short.. since it was done it has been digging into the back of my lip and causing pain, I know that I shouldnt really change the jewellry, but its becoming unbearable now.

Would it be advisible to go back to the piercers to get them to change it to a ring for me? I did want a bar rather than a ring, but while its healing Id prefer something that wasnt going to rub on the inside of my lip.

Which would pose the higher risk of infection (bearing in mind this bar has fell out once already because it was too tight) – keeping the bar in and having it constantly rub? or changing it to a ring at my piercers?

Advice would really be appreciated, as its driving me mad now!! and I really dont want to have to take it out and wait for it to heal before having it again (plus i dont fancy risking an abcess)

Thank you!

chining
Participant
@chining

After watching the process of lip tattoo,

Deleted

I am the one taking and posting the video. That’s too scary to me. I admire you.

toxictruthx3
Participant
@toxictruthx3

with your lip piercing that rubbing will go away after a few days. just try not to aggravate it at all, and eventually the affected area will become slightly tougher skin, kind of like a callous. its just like braces, the skin has to get used to it. i have my monroe pierced, and it did that in the beginning too, but it does go away. good luck with your new piercing!

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

See, I would probably go back to the piercer and see what they think you should do. Cause I also had my monroe done, like toxictruth, but it was SO swollen, to the point it seemed my face was trying to eat the ball on the end, so the piercer put in a longer bar, which gave instant relief to the swelling, and withing a couple hours it went down…I don’t think I could’ve handled it had he not put a longer bar in, it hurt so bad, and looked scary, lol.
So yeah, I’d for sure head down there and seek the professional opinion…whatever’s gonna help it heal the best!

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

Does sound like u need a longer bar.I wouldnt change from bar to ring till its totally healed.have had a nightmare in the past trying to get a lebret/lip to heal when pierced with a ring.

Sicksixtysix
Participant
@sicksixtysix

I had the same problem with my labret. Put in a longer bar and problem solved…make sure everything stays clean too. I used mouthwash like crazy for the first two weeks

Leah_BD
Participant
@leah_bd

I’d deff say go back to the studio and ask for a bigger bar, ive known quite a few people who had labrets when pierced and it swell and, as like yours, became very sore.

I have snakebites and wore rings both times, even though the rings are HUGE, they are alot comfier

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.