ippadi
@

Hello!

This might be a stupid question but I can’t find an answer anywhere and my piercer has disappeared into thin air!

I got my cartilage pierced with a 1.6mm barbell, except now I’m regretting that decision and have decided I prefer the look of 1.2mm earrings. If I change to a 1.2mm barbell will the piercing reduce to this size? I know you can do this with ear lobes but was wondering if cartilage reacted the same way? I’ve had it pierced for a year and haven’t changed the barbell yet.

🙂

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

Maybe? Hell it’s got a lot to do with how your body reacts. I’ve seen it go both ways. But you can’t damage anything by putting smaller jewelry in and hoping for the best. Worse case scenario, it doesn’t shink, and you put the original jewelry back in.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hey

Cartilage heals QUICK.

I wear 1.2mm studs, which are thicker than normal post earrings. if I go for a normal earring for a few days, I have to give a bit of a push to get through the 1.2 ones again.

I know 1.6 is actually quite a bit bigger but I think upper cartilage is one of the quickest places to heal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.