IPCDesignLtd
Participant
@ipcdesignltd

Have wanted a corset piercing since I first saw them… but I have a few questions before I go through with it… I want a set running down each side of my ribs:

1) How many rings would look best? Im quite slender but tall

2) Ive heard they are only temporary.. is this true? If so, is there a way of making them more permanent?

3) Can you “thread” them as soon as they are done, or do they need to be left to heal?

Thank you for reading 🙂

Chrissy

Dewolf
Participant
@dewolf

Hiya, you may be better cheking sites like BMEzine ( http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Corset_Piercing ), and others for body mods, but there may well be someone here with a bit of knowledge on this. From what I’ve read/know:

1) No idea, but don’t really like them so…don’t do it!! 😀

2) I’m 99.9% sure they are only temporary.

3) I’ve seen vids of them being threaded straight away, and I’m pretty sure they never really heal fully because you have to take them out before then.

The above is probably no help, but I tried!:o:D

IPCDesignLtd
Participant
@ipcdesignltd

1) personal opinion 😛 I like them 😀

2) thats what I’d read, but then somewhere else it said they can be made more permanent if you use bars until they have healed a bit, because skin piercings heal better that way?

3) Never watched a video of one… thats an idea actually 😀

And you did help 😛 Thank you! hehe

Demure
Participant
@demure
IPCDesignLtd;66250 wrote:
Have wanted a corset piercing since I first saw them… but I have a few questions before I go through with it… I want a set running down each side of my ribs:

1) How many rings would look best? Im quite slender but tall

2) Ive heard they are only temporary.. is this true? If so, is there a way of making them more permanent?

3) Can you “thread” them as soon as they are done, or do they need to be left to heal?

Thank you for reading 🙂

Chrissy

1. It would look best with either more than 5 or they need to be spread out further away from each other.. You need them in proportion to your body length.

2. They are only temporary because eventually they get super annoying (or so I’ve heard) How do you make any piercing more permanent? You have to keep something in it all the time… So when it’s not threaded you need something keeping the hole open.

3. You can thread them as soon as you get them but it is going to depend on your pain tolerance. My recommendation is to wait until they are done “healing.”

Have anymore questions? Ask.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I was working with a piercer on Monday and she was about to do a corset for her daughter.
She explained that rings are temp as the body rejects them over time and also a bit more likely to get caught in clothing etc.
The solution she has come up with is dermals, with small balls on to start they are less likely to get caught and pulled.
Once the dermal has healed a ring can be screwed on the top for “special” occasions and the balls put back on for day to day.

Like I said this was a girl I worked with and I aint no expert its just an opinion.

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

I’m just going to hit on the “permanent” part of this discussion since it’s the only one I can help with…

they are considered temporary because people keep doing the damned things wrong. Yes even if done right, but an experienced piercer, with the best jewelry money can buy, they are a severe pain in the ass. Second problem, I’ve never seen a healed corset piercing anywhere but the back. I would be willing to be any amount of money that rib corsets won’t heal, ever.

So just to quickly bullet-point this as to not make this a mile long post

1 – corset piercings require a crap ton of work to heal. a friend took 2 weeks off of work to get hers to heal enough for her to go back to doing anything and she has to be very cautious with it all the time to keep it there. that being said, it’s been there now for a few years

2 – cbr’s aren’t gonna cut it. regular jewelry isn’t gonna cut it. You want those slightly bendy bars with slave rings attached. Basically 99% of the time you’ll only have the little balls showing. When it’s “dress up” time you put the slave rings on and run the corset threading. If you leave the threading in for any length of time, or god forbid permanently, you’re done

3 – no you shouldn’t thread them immediately if you want them to heal. it’d be the same idea as why you probably shouldnt have sex 5 minutes after getting your penis pierced.

4 – oh and the list of crap you can’t do with them after they’re in is long. you literally have to COMMIT to the idea of these things being worth a serious pain in the ass.

So there ya have it, for whatever it’s worth. But that’s just from my expierences being around and having a friend with a healed one and what it took to get it there and takes to keep it there.

Demure
Participant
@demure
GlennWills;66758 wrote:
I’m just going to hit on the “permanent” part of this discussion since it’s the only one I can help with…

they are considered temporary because people keep doing the damned things wrong. Yes even if done right, but an experienced piercer, with the best jewelry money can buy, they are a severe pain in the ass. Second problem, I’ve never seen a healed corset piercing anywhere but the back. I would be willing to be any amount of money that rib corsets won’t heal, ever.

So just to quickly bullet-point this as to not make this a mile long post

1 – corset piercings require a crap ton of work to heal. a friend took 2 weeks off of work to get hers to heal enough for her to go back to doing anything and she has to be very cautious with it all the time to keep it there. that being said, it’s been there now for a few years

2 – cbr’s aren’t gonna cut it. regular jewelry isn’t gonna cut it. You want those slightly bendy bars with slave rings attached. Basically 99% of the time you’ll only have the little balls showing. When it’s “dress up” time you put the slave rings on and run the corset threading. If you leave the threading in for any length of time, or god forbid permanently, you’re done

3 – no you shouldn’t thread them immediately if you want them to heal. it’d be the same idea as why you probably shouldnt have sex 5 minutes after getting your penis pierced.

4 – oh and the list of crap you can’t do with them after they’re in is long. you literally have to COMMIT to the idea of these things being worth a serious pain in the ass.

So there ya have it, for whatever it’s worth. But that’s just from my expierences being around and having a friend with a healed one and what it took to get it there and takes to keep it there.

That was funny to read.

I also want to make a few things clear: Your ribs are around vitals.. It’s in your “blood” so to speak, for that area to try and heal as quickly as it can. It’s your body’s Oh Shit Alarm going off. Your ear, lip, nipple or whatever is usually on a part of your body which includes cartilage. The idea behind a piercing is to decorate something that protrudes from your body.

Getting the Corset Piercing still? Heh, good luck. And when you’ve done it, you can give us a step by step update here on how you’re handling everything. Oh and btw, we want to see the pictures and hear what a struggle you’re going through for such a high maintenance body modification.

Because hell. I’d never go through that many piercings at once or that much agony to get it to TRY and heal.

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

@Demure 66761 wrote:

That was funny to read.

QUOTE]

Um, thank you?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.