brittx3
Participant
@brittx3

This is probably the stupidest question, but
I really REALLY want to get my dimples/cheeks done.
but where i work i cant have facial piercings. So does anyone
know a way (besides clear jewelry..if possible) to hide them

i know its dumb, but im desperate lol
thanks guys !

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Yes, it is dumb

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

will be a hard one to hide . i have never noticed it you can get skin colour barbells before

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Try “pierced fish” they carry about a million different pieces. You will probably be ok to just dab some makeup on it. As long as its not a bright, shiny jewelry it should pass as a mole or beauty mark.
Who would be rude enough to ask about it?

brittx3
Participant
@brittx3

well the one reply…
that was great advice, stating what i already stated about it being dumb.

the other two. thanks.
ill try. its just my work will notice.
i wish i could get it pierced with plastic, but thats impossible.
anyway thanks guys. minus the one rude ass.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

have you got any holidays that you can book together and give them time to heal ??

brittx3
Participant
@brittx3

i was thinking the same thing but i dont. idk i requested off for a while. so i can have the regular bars in for a while then just switch to clear when i have to work.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

The bad thing about the clear pieces is they are plastic.
Plastic is slightly porous and will allow bacteria into your freshly pierced cheek.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Why can’t you have them done in plastic? :S Everyone I know who’s got cheeks, had them done with PTF bars.
That’s pretty much what every single piercer around here does… And I don’t know anyone who’s had a problem with it either.
PTF bars will usually work out fine, as long as you clean them properly. And having a ptf-attatchment ball shouldn’t be a problem at all, as far as I can see.

If you’re willing to pay up a bit, you can always get customized jewllery. If you have bars with internally threaded bars, you can have plates too, instead of balls. Should be quite easy to cover up too.

http://www.crazy-factory.com/product_info.php?info=p491519_Internal-Labrets-with-Titanium-Picture-Disk–BioFlex-.html <— Something like that. Just, not labrets, you know.

mugwump
Participant
@mugwump

tbh you would be better off finding a new place to work… or just put off getting them until you work at a place where you can have facial piercings…

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i always thought that you are not meant to have plastic in till fully healed ..
but it doesnt stop people when stretching their ears from using plastic :rolleyes: so might be worth looking into

Claire
Participant
@claire

Well, there are plenty of clear retainers out there to hide the HEALED piercings with, that’s not really a problem. hiding them at work while they’re healing is the problem. dimple piercings taake a LOT longer to heal than most oral piercings and you need a lot of room on your initial jewelry for a pretty long time.for the first few months you will have antennas dangling out of your face. it is imperative to have the extra length until the entire channel of the piercing is healed. a client of mine who had his dimples for about 4 months got drunk and slept on his face and woke up with his cheeks swollen around the jewelry, we put longer jewelry back in right away and the last time I saw him the piercings were doing well. If your job will not allow you to wear your piercings visibly for several months of healing this might not be a good piercing for you, or maybe just not a good time to have them. if you try to “cheat” by switching jewelry too soon or taking your jewelry out while you’re at work you will regret it! best of luck.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.