BowsButtons
Participant
@bowsbuttons

It’s been a few months since I was last on the forum and in those months I’ve decided to up my game and get a tongue piercing. Woo..eeep!
Tomorrow I’m going to see my good friend and regular tattooist so hopefully I’ll be able to get pierced pretty much straight away BUT with it being new year’s eve in two days and I was planning on bringing in the new year with a few dozen alcoholic beverages.. What should I do guys?
Are there some alcoholic drinks that are less harmful to my piercing than others?
How long should I wait until I can drink again?
What are the risks if I do drink?

Geeez I sound desperate ha!
(I’m not)

🙂

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Wait the year over 🙂
I don’t know if alcohol messes with a tongue ring, but it wouldn’t hurt to wait a few more days. Plus, if you meet a guy new years eve, your tongue will be too sore to ummm… kiss :p

BowsButtons
Participant
@bowsbuttons

Haha.
Well that was my friend’s reason for waiting until after new year actually. Although everyone says tongue piercings are “babe magnets” I don’t think he’ll attract anything with a blubbering swollen mouth! 🙂
As for me, I’m sure I can go without kissing my boyfriend for a bit, he stinks xD

But I probably will wait, because I’m scared 🙁

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

The worst part of it would be the healing I reckon, probably wouldn’t hurt as much as you’d expect. Not being able to eat properly and talk with a lisp until it’s healed wouldn’t be fun.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

No beer.
No dark liquor, or anything with dye.

-Clear liquor, try avoiding the strong stuff.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink
Bows&Buttons;56752 wrote:
It’s been a few months since I was last on the forum and in those months I’ve decided to up my game and get a tongue piercing. Woo..eeep!
Tomorrow I’m going to see my good friend and regular tattooist so hopefully I’ll be able to get pierced pretty much straight away BUT with it being new year’s eve in two days and I was planning on bringing in the new year with a few dozen alcoholic beverages.. What should I do guys?
Are there some alcoholic drinks that are less harmful to my piercing than others?
How long should I wait until I can drink again?
What are the risks if I do drink?

Geeez I sound desperate ha!
(I’m not)

🙂

Hi, i’m Izarrasink husband and a professional body piercer. People get tongues pierced and drink, but beware of the risks involved. Which any credible piercer should warn you about.

Alcohol is alcohol, doesn’t matter what type of drink you drink so rule that out
Your guna get swelling, drinking will numb it of course, and if you have a partner, or plan on seeing the new years in with kissing etc, then expect problems with drinking and other tongue related games

If you do decide to go ahead

drink lots and lots of water, at least a litre before you go to sleep, you want to avoid a dry mouth at all costs, if you let your mouth dry out with a piercing, then expect problems, infection, food,bacteria to enter into the wound.

My advice, just wait until after new years, less hassle

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
Izarrasink;56793 wrote:
Hi, i’m Izarrasink husband and a professional body piercer. People get tongues pierced and drink, but beware of the risks involved. Which any credible piercer should warn you about.

Alcohol is alcohol, doesn’t matter what type of drink you drink so rule that out
Your guna get swelling, drinking will numb it of course, and if you have a partner, or plan on seeing the new years in with kissing etc, then expect problems with drinking and other tongue related games

If you do decide to go ahead

drink lots and lots of water, at least a litre before you go to sleep, you want to avoid a dry mouth at all costs, if you let your mouth dry out with a piercing, then expect problems, infection, food,bacteria to enter into the wound.

My advice, just wait until after new years, less hassle

**Not arguing**

Yes, alcohol IS alcohol BUT special attention should be paid to beer; specifically for the yeast in it which can cause problems to a fresh open wound in the mouth. Dark liquors that include caremal[spelling? lol] should also be avoided. Clear liquor, such as vodka didn’t pose any problems for me during my healing process. I drank the very first night I had it done.So that’s my tried-n-true drinking methods, learned from my year apprenticed and 6 months working on my own:)

-Bikerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
BIKERinBLACK77;56782 wrote:
No beer.
No dark liquor, or anything with dye.

-Clear liquor, try avoiding the strong stuff.

THIS IS WHY I WON’T DO IT! No Beer? I’d shrivel up and die

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.