miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

If I can post pics of piercings I have done on myself, only done one todate(with proper equipment not a safety pin!)

Wasnt sure because of the unlicensed tattoo thingy, thanks. x

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I think the rules state you can do that, only if it’s a nipple piercing

:p

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Lol nah I had them done at a shop, I did my helix. x

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

1- You can post a picture of your piercings, BUT if your’re advertising the fact it was self-done then no you can’t post it.

2-Seems like you engage in risky acts a lot, you really should consult professional psychiatric help since you’re selling your body and stabbing yourself with needles for no reason.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Omg what the hell is your problem!

One read the post it was done with proper equipment which I have been trained to use not a needle. And dont tell me what I do and dont need to do I have a father for that!

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
miss_ivy;55254 wrote:
Omg what the hell is your problem!

One read the post it was done with proper equipment which I have been trained to use not a needle. And dont tell me what I do and dont need to do I have a father for that!

1-If you were trained, then you’re saying your a body piercer? If not, then why did you say “piercings I have done on myself” If you were a body piercer, then you have nothing to worry about & you wouldn’t really have to ask.

2-“Proper equipment”, pretty sure a sterilized hypoallergenic steel needle IS considered proper equipment. If you magically know of anthother type of “proper equipment” that isn’t called a needle, please let the forums know, and especially me -so I can go kick my fomer mentour in the balls for not preparing me correctly.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

In the UK there is a jewellery shop called ‘Cl@ires’ they also pierce ears, I worked and was trained how to do just that as part of my job!

I used an ear piercing gun so there was no needle just the jewellery which came in sterlie packaging.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
miss_ivy;55262 wrote:
In the UK there is a jewellery shop called ‘Cl@ires’ they also pierce ears, I worked and was trained how to do just that as part of my job!

I used an ear piercing gun so there was no needle just the jewellery which came in sterlie packaging.

We have Clairs in the US as well.

And, you just PROVED my point that you ARE NOT poperly trained…. because ANY piercer or apprentice will be able to tell you that EAR PIERCING GUNS should NEVER be used because they can’t properly be sterilized.

I’m pretty sure that was like the first thing ever mentioned to me when I actually got to the hands on portion of my apprenticeship. And I’ve been off it for half a year now, and I still SOMEHOW managed to remember then :rolleyes:

I think I’ll be the better person and just stop discussing things with you because I feel as if I am microwaving my brain cells…. and I have finals this week for college so I kinda need them.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Then people need to tell the company that as they use guns on everyone that walks in, not my fault if I was taught wrong.

Ive had 5 sets of piercings put in my ears, all in shops and they all used guns too, perhaps the training over her different.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
miss_ivy;55266 wrote:
Then people need to tell the company that as they use guns on everyone that walks in, not my fault if I was taught wrong.

Ive had 5 sets of piercings put in my ears, all in shops and they all used guns too, perhaps the training over her different.

[Not arguing, just giving advice]

Ear guns aren’t safe…..I’m sure everyone educated in the piercing side or tattoo side will be able to say that as well.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Then clairs, along with 5 other piercing shops in kent arent safe which is pretty bad considering they are meant to be trained. But then again I dont know how trained the person who trained me was..if that makes sense.

I know someone who tried to pierce their bellybutton with a ear piercing gun once…even I know thats stupid!

Major Vagabond
Participant
@major-vagabond

We’d be happy to see it. I really don’t think there is anything anyone is going to say about you posting a pic of a piercing you did yourself. Maybe give you shit for doing it yourself, and yes, for getting pierced with a gun. (Hun, Claires is nothing to brag about in the piercing world, actually, I’d keep that as quiet as I could.) But this place is for sharing what you have and opinions on it. Post it. Worst thing? People give you shit or it’s removed. No biggie.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

I didnt actually brag about it, I wouldnt of mentioned it had I not been not been asked!

And I wont give myself ‘shit’ for doing it or for doing with a gun because as far as I was aware there was nothing wrong with that, if people have let me do it to their 5 yr olds then Im fairly sure I can trust myself enough.

Anyway the picture was put up 2 days ago and the piercing is fine!

bubsymunster
Participant
@bubsymunster

Just thought id throw in that piercing guns are filthy machines that can not be sterilized properly..yes!

But also…they dont actually pierce your ear, they use a method consisting of blunt force trauma, which in most circumstances damages tissue and if pierced through cartlidge will in most cases shatter cartlidge. In turn the damage the guns cause will elongate the initial healing period and obviously cause your body unnessisary carnage.

Any PROFESSIONAL piercer would never touch a piercing gun and in my eyes as snobby as it may sound, any one who uses a piercing gun and claims to be a professional are kidding themselves. (this statement is not aimed at you Ivy at all Im just stating my opinion as i really do loath piercing guns.) 🙂

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

post them in your albums and the nosey members can go and look there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.