vala
    Participant
    @vala

I’m considering getting my septum pierced within the next few months with the plan on being to stretch it.
    However before all this starts I have a few questions which I hope those in the know won’t mind answering?
    1) what type of jewellery is generally fitted to a freshly pierced septum? Ideally I think I’d need to keep it as out of sight as possible.
    2) what’s a rough timescale before stretching can commence?
    3) can anyone recommend anywhere in London to get it done? I had my tongue pierced at Chioko in Camden Town and thought the service was very professional and would be happy to use them again however just wanted to know of any others as possibilities.

I’ll definately go over everything with the piercer before commiting but just wanted to get some more outside opinions whilst still in this ‘do I/don’t I’ state!

chipoakes
    Participant
    @chipoakes

Found this on Wikipedia, hope it helps a little

Most of the time the cartilage itself is not pierced, but the small gap between the cartilage and the bottom of the nose, typically at 14ga (1.6mm) although it is often stretched to a larger gauge. The nose has many nerves running through it and nose piercings can be painful, but it varies by individual. This piercing heals within a month and a half to three months also depending on the individual. Stretching to a larger gauge should never hurt with this or any other piercing. It should only be stretched by 1mm at a time and it is advised to wait at least a month between stretches. If you go past a certain point, usually about 8mm, the cartilage gets forced towards the top of the nose, which can be uncomfortable.
    Another option is a septum retainer, which is staple shaped. This type of nose piercing is particularly easy to hide when desired, for example to comply with a dress code. A septum retainer makes it possible to turn the jewelry up into the nose, concealing it. With black jewelery flipped up into the nostrils, this piercing can be made practically invisible. A normal septum piercing can also be hidden by pushing it to the back in to your nose , but it may be uncomfortable.

vala
    Participant
    @vala

thanks mate:) that was very useful with regards to the information.

can anyone whose had there’s pierced in the London area recommend any decent places to get it done?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.