Scilenceinmyhead
    Participant
    @scilenceinmyhead

I have CVID, type 1 diabetes, and I am allergic to all metals except titanium. I wanted to get some more piercings, so I got my ears done a few years ago with titanium. It turns out that even with the titanium I can’t get piercings. I’m wondering what I should do, because I would like to have my nose pierced. I know they make plastic studs for after they are healed, but what about the healing stage? I am actually a very quick healer and I’ve never had a problem with any of my tattoos.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

How long did you have your ears pierced before they started acting up due to your allergy?

When i got my nose pierced my piercer said it would heal in 2 or so months. If your allergies take longer than that to start acting up then it may be ok to do it.

Yea they have nose jewelry made of Bioplast. But ya still have to wait for the piercing to heal before you can put the Bioplast in.

Have you talked to a piercer about your allergy? I can get a hold of my piercer and ask him, if no one here has helped you yet.

Just let me know how long you had the titanium in your ears. Were the piercings a stndard size for ear piercings or were they a thicker gauge?

Scilenceinmyhead
    Participant
    @scilenceinmyhead

Hey, glad you like House too! Though I do have to say I am a very big Huddyer, but I don’t force my little love scenes on anyone who doesn’t want them. Um…It wasn’t very long at all, maybe a week. Still, I should do some more investigating because the earings were just a cheap set from a retail store that peirced ears. Even though, I have fully peairced ears from when I was younger. Even when I wear my expesive boring little titanium studs they start to get red and inch after maybe ten hours.

I’m kind of in grrrrr! mood, I really like the way piercings look and I’ve always wanted them. I guess I should be thankfull that I’m able to get my precious tattoos though. I have an immunologist/allergy doc I go to every six months. The first one I had who moved advised me not to get a tattoo…see how well that worked out! Still, I think next time I go I’ll talk it over with my new doc. He’s a pretty cool guy and should probably get his opinion anyway, just so I can tell the artist I did consult a doctor. It’s going to be months before I see him again anyway, maybe I could try a small nose stud out for my 21st b-day! Something to look into anyway, thanks for the answer too, I hate when a question doesn’t have at least one answer. It makes me sad.

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Are you allergic to white gold?? I’m super allergic to metals as well. But white gold really seemed to work for me the best.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

welp if ya want you can get the nose piercing and if worst comes to worst you can go have the piercer remove it. Look into white gold like Demure suggested. Have you ever tried it before? if not ya might want to consider it ya know. Id really like for you to get the piercing and have no problems what so ever and be happy about it but with your allergies im not gonna tell ya go for it until you make sure its A-OK to do so. I will try to get a hold of my piercer if i can find his number and ask him some questions about what he thinks about it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.