Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Searched the forum for this but couldn’t find it, anyways I’m thinking of getting my lip pierced but for my job I’m not allowed to wear any piercings which isn’t a problem right now because I can take my ear plugs out. I just wanted to know how long would I have to leave the lip piercing in before I can take it out reguarly?

Sickone
    @

Healing times for everyone is different. I’m not a piercer but I have a better knowledge then most I talk to on a regular basis.

I would feel comfortable switching to a glass piece after around 9 weeks. and switching to a 316l piece when sleeping. This way atleast your lip has clear in it while working after that point. I have had mine for about 9 months and am not ok with taking mine out and keeping a ring in my baggie so that I can put it through once an hour just to make sure it doesn’t close.

If you have more questions or want more help with something just let me know.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

yeah i agree about 9 weeks to be fairly healed

after around 1 week you will have skin beginning to form in the hole and it will becomea lot mroe comfortable
    after 2 – 3 weeks i would be happy to change for another piece of jewellery and after 6-9 weeks depending onwho you are you should be fine chaging it out etc.

but again everyone is different and a lip piercing is a pretty deep piercing so there are chances of infection etc if you do not look after it well.

Keep it clean every day and yopu will befine

Sickone
    @

yeah your piercer could change it from say a 1/2 to like a 3/8 maybe a 5/16 after a few weeks but I still would say not to. Exceptions to the rule is extreme swelling in which case you will need to put in a larger length so that the bead does not get embedded. Seriously, leave the original in for 9 weeks at least. the second you change jewelery in a healing phase your chance of infection goes sky high compared to what it was. You may be fine, why risk having it be bigger bitch when you need to heal as fast as possible.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Man I posted this toopic ages ago lol Thank you all for the advice I appreciate it immensely. I’ve booked to get it done on the 19th can’t wait ๐Ÿ™‚

Sickone
    @

ill be staying on top of the piercing stuff.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh
    Saint;31382 wrote:
    Man I posted this toopic ages ago lol Thank you all for the advice I appreciate it immensely. I’ve booked to get it done on the 19th can’t wait ๐Ÿ™‚

oo yaay wtg! good luck.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Thanks matey!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.