kaytibee
    Participant
    @kaytibee

i’m thinking that a monroe may be my first facial piercing…i was just wondering if anyone has gotten it done on here && if you have photos/advice about the procedure…
    i don’t have especially wide cheekbones and/or plump cheeks && i had a friend suggest that maybe i not do it because of those attributes that i lack [haha..i know]
    && i’m also curious about the jewelry used? i’ve noticed that most stick with a normal silver ball or half dome…
    what do you guys think?

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

i always new it as a madonna.

maybe its been renamed now

but yes it does tend to suit bigger faces i always thought.

put a small sparkly sticker on and see how it looks then make a decision.

mainly a labret stud is used with a flat back. you ahve a huge choice of screw on domes/balls/ all sorts.

DirEnGrey
    Participant
    @direngrey

I had it done last Christmas.
    The actual process of getting it pierced didn’t hurt at all, I barely felt it.
    They put in a very long bar at the beginning, so that your lip has room to swell.
    I don’t know if this is typical, but the few weeks after getting it pierced, the skin around it was very, very dry and red.
    It got better for a while; but then my skin grew over it and I had to get it cut out at the doctor’s.
    Overall not a great experience, but I don’t think I took proper care of mine.
    If you’re able to take perfect care of yours, go for it. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.