blossom_102
    Participant
    @blossom_102

it looked good for about 3 weeks…

[ATTACH]110[/ATTACH]

it looked like it was eating the skin around it 🙁

[ATTACH]111[/ATTACH]

i no i shouldnt of done it myself in the first place,but why was it okay for so long and then the skin just started getting thinner?

if i get it redone properly,now that the skin is scarred,will it look horrible ?
    has anyone had it redone over the scars???X

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

i have repierced through scars a few times.

sometimes piercings grow out. it happens with eyebrows a lot navels less often but still from tiem to time and also nipples

i wouldnt worry about scarring on your navel. plenty of people can see it was from a piercing and are nto going to think it horrible for any reason.

i think old piercing scars look pretty cool to be honest. i have ones on mya rm where i had a piercing done and i dont mind it at all

LadyJade..x
    Participant
    @ladyjade-x

hiya i just wanna say i had a mate who had it done proffesinally and it was fine for about a year then all of a sudden the skin covering the bar started getting thinner then eventually died

i say take it out now and lett it heal coz the scar wont be as bad:)

MeganS
    Participant
    @megans

I had to take mine out the first time because mine started to look like yours does now, and I’m glad I did because it happened to somebody else I know who left it in and it ended up scarring a lot worse. I had it redone a few months later and it looks fine now, I’ll admit it hurt more but I guess it’s because it was scarred tissue. Now it looks fine, there’s only like two little dots where it was the first time 🙂

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

No, you shouldn’t have done it yourself. Piercings can grow out, absolutely. With surface piercings it’s petty common. And eyebrow, navel, etc are kind of surface piercings. And that’s why it’s so damn important that it’s done right!!
    I’ve got four navelpiercings, one of which grew out. But it still took about one and a half year for it to grow out, and it did so because of an infection I didn’t treat properly. Three of them I’ve had for about four years or so now, no problems.

Yours most likely grew out because of an infection. This infection, you either got because of unsterilised equipment, or for not treating it right. Just the fact that you wore a pretty heavy jewllery after only three weeks, is proof of that. You shouldn’t change at all until it’s healed. Which takes 6-8 weeks. And obviously you changed it again, considering you have a different kind of jewllery in the second picture.

I recommend you wait about six months until having it pierced again, because the scar tissue is very likely to go down quite a bit with time, it may take up to a year. And the less scartissue you’ve got, the better 🙂 (and unless you’ve got a deep scar, I can also tip you to get the new piercing deeper than the scar tissue. piercing scars hurts like HELL! )

miss_ivy
    Participant
    @miss_ivy

Mine was done professional and turned out just like yours, that was 3 yrs ago now and the scar is now only flat to the skin. Be careful with how you care for it now its heals or youll end up with a nasty keliod scar.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

kinda doesnt look like the same persons stomach to me , either way its a stupid idea :rolleyes:

Major Vagabond
    Participant
    @major-vagabond

While you’re healing emu oil it. Make sure it’s not an open wound, but it’ll help to soften and eradicate the scar tissue when it is.

Oh, and never pierce yourself. It never ends well, besides, it’s great to help out your community. Piercers need a living too.

izzys
    Participant
    @izzys

I felt the same way when I got my ears pierced and it got infected and hurt very much, then I have to take all my five earrings off and clean it with alcohol to treat the ears.
    So horrible memories that I swear I will never get pierced ever again…

Blue1
    Participant
    @blue1
    Butterfly_Kisses;54479 wrote:
    kinda doesnt look like the same persons stomach to me , either way its a stupid idea :rolleyes:

I was thinking this as well.

bubsymunster
    Participant
    @bubsymunster

Firsty, you brought this upon yourself by piercing it so very irrisponsibly and unhygienically; I hope you have learnt your lesson.

Secondly, the first picture is not your piercing…the two piercings are in completely different possitions and the navels are completely different shapes; at least we all know you can use google image search. 🙂

Thirdly: A navel is apart of the “semi-surface” family which tend to have a higher risk of rejection due to variable factors.

Seeing as it was pierced on a very interesting angle this would have contributed to the fact your navel rejected, due to flesh being strained by your body’s movment; it also would have caused the freshly pierced flesh alot of irritation and strain, you also pierced it way too shallow even with the photo of your navel showing later stages of rejection i can tell it was pierced well under the proper depth as to which it should have been pierced, this in itself would have had alot to do with it rejecting at such a fast rate, seeing as there was not a sufficient amount of surface area holding it in place.

Other contributing factors could/would have been poor aftercare,poor tools and jewellery, the fact it was a home job, early jewellery change over, swimming in pools/spas/ocean before the enitial healing period was over just to name a few.

From how you have discribed your situation; It would not have been an infection, as infections consist of skin discolouration, itching, foul smelling discharge, and immense pain. This was simply a case of rejection due to the unfortunate consiquences of a home job piercing.

Getting it repierced over the scar tissue is doable and safe. Although when done professionally it will miss alot of the scar tissue as it will be pierced straight this time. Before getting it repierced wait until it has completely healed, which normally takes 2 to 3 months, during this time you should give it emu oil massages twice a day to reduce the scar tissue.

Hope this helps.

bubsymunster
    Participant
    @bubsymunster

Firsty, you brought this upon yourself by piercing it so very irrisponsibly and unhygienically; I hope you have learnt your lesson.

Secondly, the first picture is not your piercing…the two piercings are in completely different possitions and the navels are completely different shapes; at least we all know you can use google image search. 🙂

Thirdly: A navel is apart of the “semi-surface” family which tend to have a higher risk of rejection due to variable factors.

Seeing as it was pierced on a very interesting angle this would have contributed to the fact your navel rejected, due to flesh being strained by your body’s movment; it also would have caused the freshly pierced flesh alot of irritation and strain, you also pierced it way too shallow even with the photo of your navel showing later stages of rejection i can tell it was pierced well under the proper depth as to which it should have been pierced, this in itself would have had alot to do with it rejecting at such a fast rate, seeing as there was not a sufficient amount of surface area holding it in place.

Other contributing factors could/would have been poor aftercare,poor tools and jewellery, the fact it was a home job, early jewellery change over, swimming in pools/spas/ocean before the enitial healing period was over just to name a few.

From how you have discribed your situation; It would not have been an infection, as infections consist of skin discolouration, itching, foul smelling discharge, and immense pain. This was simply a case of rejection due to the unfortunate consiquences of a home job piercing.

Getting it repierced over the scar tissue is doable and safe. Although when done professionally it will miss alot of the scar tissue as it will be pierced straight this time. Before getting it repierced wait until it has completely healed, which normally takes 2 to 3 months, during this time you should give it emu oil massages twice a day to reduce the scar tissue.

Hope this helps.

SavannahC
    Participant
    @savannahc

I had my belly pierced four times but took them all out because the ones at the sides weren’t healing very well and just causing pain on the other two. Eventually I realised how much I like having my naval pierced so I got top and bottom done again over the scars and it was all fine.

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

the second pic i assume is yours and it’s way too shallow. i had my navel pierced for several years, took it out, and had it repierced recently. the piercer went deeper so the piercing didn’t migrate with the old scar. so far it’s doing great. Also, if you are using cheap jewelry, instead of implant grade material, it can also have a negative effect.

Windexx
    Participant
    @windexx

A few years ago my little sister and her friend decided to pierce their navels as well. They used a hot sewing needle and earrings as jewlery. Very stupid idea. After about 3 or 4 weeks my sister’s skin rejected it completly and the jewlery just came right out. She was also either 12 or 13 at the time and didn’t know anything about piercings. But last year I took her to get it done again for her 15th birthday by a professional and it did still have that scar from the 1st time around but there wasn’t anything wrong with it so he did the piercing and there hasn’t been a problem ever since. And it’s been almost a whole year. So I would suggest that if you want to get it re-done, go to a professional.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.