Tattooedirish
    Participant
    @tattooedirish

I nearly got my toungue pierced just before rock2wgtn concert but didnt as would of not enjoyed concert as much due to it being painful apparently.What are all your views on this subject.Ive heard alot of opinions that its not painful..then it is…and healing is quick but then horror stories so before I go and do it some advice would be cool.Best places in Wellington new zealand????

tattooblond1973
    Participant
    @tattooblond1973

I love my tounge piercing. getting it done didnt hurt, but it hurt alot when it was in the prosses of healing. It was worth every it!!

Tattooedirish
    Participant
    @tattooedirish

thanks for your reply.Yeah Ive heard the healing is sore.Thats what freaks me out abit about getting it done.

tattooblond1973
    Participant
    @tattooblond1973

The best way to do it is just dont think about it & do it!

BoaTattooStu
    Participant
    @boatattoostu

i had my tounge pierced few years back,it was sore when it was healing but if you buy anti-inflamitary mouth was it take’s the pain away and feels more comfortable.i didnt think the actual piercing hurt at all.

Nob
    Participant
    @nob

I had my tongue pierced for about six years and absolutely loved it (although not as much as my old fella did). It didn’t hurt at all, I had it done by a properly apprenticed and trained pro who also happens to be a friend. It took a couple of weeks to get used to and for the first while I sounded like an absolute f@#!wad… my piercer used a longer post at first to allow for the initial swelling, so I was clicking and ticking like a Kalahari bushman… but it was my fave piercing.
    All those horror stories you hear, tetanus and brain abcesses and stuff, if you use the proper clean equipment you don’t need to concern yourself with that. But I’d advise going to a good piercer because there’s a slight chance of hitting the trigeminal (sp?) nerve in the tongue, and that would suck. Pun intended.
    Eventually I had to take the piercing out because I ended up knocking out a bunch of front teeth, and had to have a series of dental surgeries, and I had to keep taking it out for x-rays. And my dentist hated it – she constantly warned me I’d chip my teeth – and while that never happened, I still have a bit of bone loss in my lower palate from where the end of the stud rested.

PointBlank
    Participant
    @pointblank

I have 2 in my tongue for about 10 years with exactly zero problems.

You really minimize the chances of having problems if you:
    1) get a pro to do it
    2) use non-alcoholic antibacterial mouthwash when you need it (after you eat) – NOT every 5 minutes
    3) change to a shorter bar after it’s healed
    4) change to plastic balls when you change to the shorter post
    5) for god’s sake DO NOT CLICK THE BALL ON YOUR TEETH! It will wear away your gums and tooth enamel (and it’s irritating as hell).

Ibuprofin (Advil) works well to keep swelling to a minimum so does cold stuff like chipped ice and popcicles.

These guidelines are the same as I tell my clients and the ones that follow them don’t have problems (except speaking funny for a day or so).

vicvicious
    Participant
    @vicvicious

I have had mine for about 4 yrs and it did not hurt at all during the piercing or healing the only problem I have had was chipped teeth from biting down on it, but that was from not knowing that I needed to chage to a shorter stud after healing

midjam
    Participant
    @midjam

My wife has had her`s done and it made me cringe every time I saw it at first would not have it done myself.

What about having your tongue split? Man thats intense do a search you YouTube to see what i mean if you can stomach it.

BenGotInked
    Participant
    @bengotinked

I got mine done the day I turned 18, It didnt hurt at all, the healing lasted a week or two for me because im crazy about any sort of piercings and tattoos.
    Regardless, it is an awesome add on, and my last girl friend loved it. Just do it because you want to and you can’t go wrong.
    Be prepared, the first few days it can seem impossible to eat comfortably but you will get over it!
    Have fun!

ridemypony
    Participant
    @ridemypony

the piercing dodnt hurt but i was sore during the healing process. but none the less i could take it or leave it.

GingaSquid
    Participant
    @gingasquid

My tongue piercing didn’t hurt – the piercer was fantastic.
    The healing was a little sore but not anything too bad. It kind of feels like having a filling done at the dentist….

HelloEleni
    Participant
    @helloeleni

My friend and I had ours done the same week, at the same parlor, by the same guy. It didn’t hurt at all, really, neither of us could feel it. For about a week afterward, we couldn’t eat solid food and it hurt to talk, but after a few days, it was fine. We both used the same mouthwash (Biotine — HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and we both had similar “oral habits” — i.e. we both smoked, ate similar foods, etc. But as it turned out, hers became infected. It wasn’t a disaster, just a little gross. Mine never became infected and I’ve had it about a year. If you decide to go for it, here are some tips:

GO TO A PROFESSIONAL. Seriously… having your buddy pierce your tongue is a terrible idea. There’s a nerve that runs under your tongue, and if you don’t know what you’re doing, you could hit it.

TAKE CARE OF IT AND JUST DEAL WITH THE PAIN DURING HEALING. I was super-hungry, but I knew eating solid food would irritate it. (Although that didn’t always stop me; I ate pizza immediately after getting it done: Bad Decision) Try not to talk too much during healing, and definitely don’t touch it… that should go without saying, but just in case. 🙂 Rinse with Biotine Mouthwash after everything: every drink that isn’t water, every cigarette, every kiss, every meal.

DON’T DRINK! At least not until it’s healed. Think about it like this: There is an open wound in your mouth. You’re soaking it in alcohol. Ouch.

All in all, I would say go for it. It’s definitely not my favorite piercing, because, let’s be honest here: it gets in the way sometimes. My mother abhors it, and so did my boyfriend at first. It’s generally regarded as at least a little trashy-looking, but unless you sincerely care what other people think about how you look, that shouldn’t bother you at all.

lisamazingg
    Participant
    @lisamazingg

I don’t care about the pain or any of that sorts or the maintenance but i don’t plan on having a tongue ring forever so i’d want to take it out in a couple of years but would that leave a ugly scar or brown bump because that really the only thing keeping me back from a tongue piercing :confused:

lisamazingg
    Participant
    @lisamazingg

so do tongue piercings leave scars or nasty stuff after u take it out??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.