AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

It’s not jsut about the piercing, she asked our opinion on how she should deal with talking to her daughter about her rebellion and how to explain this to the father so he doesn’t freak out either. Thank god it was only a piercing and not something more extreme like pregnancy.

Speaking of that, Deanna I hope you have discussed the whole sex thing with your daughter and put her on Birth Control… It’s off topic but yeah the last thing you or your daughter needs is for her to get pregnant. Get her butt on BC even if she says she isn’t having sex!

OK im done putting my 2 cents in. 🙂

GingaSquid
    Participant
    @gingasquid

Yes – its not really about the physical piercing, its a question about parent issues.

When you have a daughter you will understand more :D….

zamc08
    Participant
    @zamc08

Ok then sowwie

Lady_Baglady
    Participant
    @lady_baglady

@zamc08 29636 wrote:

i think this whole post is stupid, its a piercing.. deal with it.

Agreed. Piercings come out and holes grow back. Be thankful that it was only a piercing. Kkids do silly things. That’s life. Just be glad they didn’t steal a car. It could be much worse.

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

I believe this kind of thing needs to be discussed with the father before the daughter. That way, you and your husband can decide together what you each want to say. You should come to the conclusion together. Once you have… it would be a good idea to gather your barrings and have your daughter sit down with both you and your husband. Ask her why she got a piercing after you told her not to. Inform her about health and image issues. Tell her you LOVE HER and that you only want the best for her.

Being calm and understanding will help you later when bigger issues arise such as sex, drugs, and alcohol. It’s a good idea to build a solid foundation for communication. If she can come to you for guidance on decision-making then most likely she’ll be safer and she’ll weigh the consequences of her actions before she acts.

Hope that helps a little.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@zamc08 29676 wrote:

Ok then sowwie

:p awww I can just see you saying “sowwie” just like that… awww too cute! 😀

gothamgod
    Participant
    @gothamgod

i dont think its that bad its only a piercing. But on the other hand its bad cause she was told not to. I think if your that worried about it make her take it out.

JoeyBear
    Participant
    @joeybear

She could have called you and said “mom, i’m pregnant.” When you were freaking out, she could have said, “just kidding, but I did get pierced. That’s better than being prego, isn’t it?” Rebellion will happen and your response will determine the extent of her rebellion.

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77
    JoeyBear;46051 wrote:
    She could have called you and said “mom, i’m pregnant.” When you were freaking out, she could have said, “just kidding, but I did get pierced. That’s better than being prego, isn’t it?” Rebellion will happen and your response will determine the extent of her rebellion.

The original post of from 2 years ago, lol I think this is dead.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

Does this mean we are not having enough stimulating conversation, so folx are going into the archives and bringing back old conversations to pique the curiosity and get people talking?

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Lol, I wasn’t trying to be a dick. Just saying I think this post is dead.
    Hell, I wish there WAS more piercing discussion.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.