duckling1613
    @

into hole, through the membrane? I got my nose pierced May 8. A few days later, the stud they pierced it with went down the sink. Later that day, I got “nose bones” from Claires, and put one of them in my nose. I had to kind of push it through, it bled and hurt for a few days, but then it was fine. Every now and then the diamond would fall out from the stud, so I’d have to take the nose ring that it fell out from and put a new one in. I’d have to try to pull it out, until I’d just clip the top off with fingernail clippers and pull the bottom out. When I’d go to enter a new one, I’d have to shove it back through, and so it hurt and bled still. I’ve had to change nose rings atleast three times already, and I’m kind of worried about me having to shove the stud back through my piercing. Is this normal?

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

No, although the nose is a right pain in the arse and yes, it hurts if you mess about with it alot. Sounds like its never had time to settle down and keeps getting inflamed with all the tugging and pushing, then new alien elements being brought in , adapting to that and then along comes another one.
    Out of all my piercings over the years, my nose was definately the most annoying, irritating and most difficult to settle into my skin. Hence the little bastard didn’t last 2 months. A ring apparently settle much easier than a stud, but I don’t know first hand.

binkd
    Participant
    @binkd

Whooa that doesnt sound goodl. Ive had my nose pierced 16 years (and another 2 that I took out) and although my very first piercing caused some trouble and went septic Ive never had a problem since. You should have the original stud (without a back on) in your nose for 6-8 weeks to allow full healing. Then chance it. I prefer straight backed ball stud ones which are so cheap on Ebay. Always buy silver or gold with a real gem. The fake ones fall out at least once a week. Good luck.

MissB

jinny123
    Participant
    @jinny123

that sounds really bad.

i have my nose done and it flares up a little from time to time.

i would possibly consider getting a new nose stud with a flat back from a piercing shop directly and possibly a course of antibiotics to get the thing healed properly.

keep it really clean too as small infections may never hurt or cause any real probs but they stop it fromhealing up properly and leave them open to infection.

PointBlank
    Participant
    @pointblank

I would get GOOD jewelry and leave it in there. Nosebones are meant for healed piercings. Your piercer should have much better stuff than that. Just be careful when washing your face, etc so you don’t lose it. Since it’s still bleeding make sure you keep cleaning it and treat it like it a brand new piercing.

Good luck

Sailor_Emma
    Participant
    @sailor_emma

I got my nose pierced with a gun *waits for people to tell her that that’s not a good idea* and it healed very well. It was abit sensitive when putting a new stud in and putting the ring ive got now in really hurt, but it’s all good now. I suggest that you take it out and wait for it to heal up. Then get it re-pierced and ask to have the back on the stud because that’s what I did and so I didnt have to take the stud out until the piercing was completely healed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.