Bexxi
    @

Had my belly button pierced 3 days ago 🙂
    Everythings fine,no sign of infection.Im looking after it very very well!
    No-one believes that i have had it very long as it is in such good condition 🙂
    I have a problem though…I have found these gorgeous bars for it ( i know i can’t change it until its healed properly) , but i dont know my gauge size?!

Does it matter? Shall i buy a cheapish 14 gauge one,if its too big then try a 12?

Thank you 🙂 x

jinny123
    Participant
    @jinny123

normal piercing size is 1.6 mm

i know thats the correct uk size anyway

just ask the shop when you go there.

i would wait until it is healed first though as you may start problems and if it is really good condition you wouldnt want to do that

callmebrit
    Participant
    @callmebrit

I’ve done a lot of research on navels and you shouldn’t change it until it’s healed.
    I’ve read that some places suggestion 4-16 weeks, other suggest at least 2 months.
    Total healing time can take up to a year, but some people change it before then.
    As far as gauges, it should be a 14 as that what most belly buttons are pierced with.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

dont go changing it yet, you will be in for problems, i did this and mine took a year to heal.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

We don’t have everything to open for piercing yet…but we’ve got the experience, We’ll be set up for piercing at our shop by the 16th of next month. My wife is our piercer and I do some as well. We’ve always used a 14 guage for piercing, and everywhere I’ve been its been a 14. Now I’m not smart enough to convert that to mm. You can find conversion charts on the internet if you need to compare.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

My husband is a piercer, we provide a body piercing service in our studio, and yep 14g is the standard for belly buttons…..i had to ask him lol as i take very little notice….although im meant to be training too be a piercer, finding the time between tattoos is ridiculous:D

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

Haha. You go hard Michelle. Lol:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.