Dan
Participant
@dan

I was talking with Alycia when I was at the shop and she told me to pay attention during the shows for this,

and it is that most the tattoo TV shows add in the original noise from the older style machines when an artist is using a Rotary machine,

I saw Ink Masters the other night,and they do it on that show ! LOL

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I’m totally going to be looking for that now!

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

What! I must see this haha

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I’ve never actually thought about it, having never heard a rotary machine. But I guess they’re too silent for TV 🙂

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Rotary machines sound way less hi tech but in my opinion hurt way less! maybe that’s just me! its more of a low rumbling that the high pitched buzz you get from a standard machine!

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I hate rotarys. Nearly silent but hurt just as bad. Actually its just a mental cue. Hear the noise brace for impact.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@jerryatrophy 145528 wrote:

I hate rotarys. Nearly silent but hurt just as bad. Actually its just a mental cue. Hear the noise brace for impact.

ya,I have had both machines used on me and they both hurt the same IMO.I do miss the sound of the other machines.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I always have been told im weird to be fair, maybe I just had a light handed artist, though she was tattooing my sternum at the time lol

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I had one tattoo done with a rotary and by far it was the most painful tattoo I have gotten. I think it all has to do with the tattooer

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

My first experience with a rotary machine was at the Baltimore convention in April, 2014. I bought a Cheyenne Hawk machine for Anthony Zamora to commemorate 100 hours of him tattooing me.
It’s definitely quiet, and smoother.
Pain? Tattoos still hurt some places worse than others regardless of machine.

pidjones
Participant
@pidjones

I just wish they would get rid of the noise on the couches.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.