SpideyFan
@

Does anyone else agree with me that this show is staged? I heard from a very reliable source that the tattoos are either:

1. Fake
2. Real but the customers have to make appointments well in advance and agree to appear on television.

If 1. is true, then it’s just pathetic. If 2. is true, then it isn’t really “reality” TV. Either way, it means that it’s staged, which means that I won’t watch it EVER again.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

Which show?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I am also wondering which show you’re referring to, but regardless, any client on any one of these shows has to sign a consent form to be on TV. I read an article last year about a pizza place where they were shooting some scenes for the Jersey Shore and anyone who wanted to come in and get pizza had to sign a consent form. lol That doesn’t make it any less “real.” In some (most?) states, consent is required by law for this sort of thing and even if it wasn’t, it’s simply the wise thing to do legally speaking to avoid any potential issues.

If someone walks into Wooster Street Social Club and wants a tat when they are filming, they would have them sign a consent form and then walk back in as if it was the first time they were walking in. They do the same thing on ALL reality TV, including documentary style programs like Lockdown.

Amok
Participant
@amok
SpideyFan;106435 wrote:
Does anyone else agree with me that this show is staged? I heard from a very reliable source that the tattoos are either:

1. Fake
2. Real but the customers have to make appointments well in advance and agree to appear on television.

If 1. is true, then it’s just pathetic. If 2. is true, then it isn’t really “reality” TV. Either way, it means that it’s staged, which means that I won’t watch it EVER again.

Your very reliable source basically said that the tattoos are either fake or real? This person is obviously of superior intellingence.

Anyhow, the ONLY thing about those shows that are real are the tattoos, the rest of it is bullshit and that is directly from the mouth of Tim Hendricks.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

if miami, la or ny ink is what you are refering too, the ink is the only thing that is real

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I work with a girl who had the opportunity to go on the next season of NY ink not only did you have to have a good back story, a good idea for a tattoo they wanted you to pay $2000!!

She told them to F-off naturally

I never knew they charged the customer ….I always thought it was on the strength of your back story.

SpideyFan
@
kcgreyhound;106441 wrote:
Which show?

Which show do you think? Take five seconds and look at what section of this forum I’m posting on.

Amok;106449 wrote:
Anyhow, the ONLY thing about those shows that are real are the tattoos, the rest of it is bullshit and that is directly from the mouth of Tim Hendricks.

What does Tim Hendricks have to do with the show? Unrelated posts FTW.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
SpideyFan;106528 wrote:
What does Tim Hendricks have to do with the show? Unrelated posts FTW.

He’s on the show …

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Just do what I do on all these types of programs.

Record them and fast forward to the actual tattooing bits of the show. Admittedly you may only get 10-15 mins of this.

The other argument is that these companies are trying to boost ratings by providing a show that has elements that would appeal to the non-tattooed community.

Like soap operas there are a lot of ppl who would watch the shows for the ‘what happens next’ feel.

I am not against it as such but yes a lot of it is staged as they (the producers) want to make money.

Take care
Matthew

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Spiderman please take a big dose of get the fuck over yourself and stop trying to piss people off.
Your nothing more than a really dull troll.

SpideyFan
@
Cornishtiger;106623 wrote:
Spiderman please take a big dose of get the fuck over yourself and stop trying to piss people off.
Your nothing more than a really dull troll.

Sounds like I pissed off a fan of the show with my opinion. Don’t worry, you can still watch it, regardless of whether I like it or not.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.