DarkMushroom
Participant
@darkmushroom

Hi,

I’m 36 from UK and Tattoo’s have just never been on my radar until about 8 months ago when I saw a documentary on TV about cover ups and one of the pieces I saw just wouldn’t leave me alone and I started looking at images online and saw one and instantly knew I had to get that done.

Is it bad etiquette to rock up to a parlour with an image watermarked as belonging to another artist, maybe seen as being a bit disrespectful?

Also all my local shops just don’t seem to be quite up there with what I want. Its a realistic lion in black and grey, but that just doesn’t seem to be the thing of most of the shops local to me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

No respectful tattooer would copy another artist’s work. Most want to draw up their own work.

That watermark is like a copyright.

DarkMushroom
Participant
@darkmushroom

@Sam-I-Am 146854 wrote:

No respectful tattooer would copy another artist’s work. Most want to draw up their own work.

That watermark is like a copyright.

Cheers, sorry I should have said that’s the overall quality I want it to end up like, I don’t want exactly what’s in the picture, I’m just having trouble finding someone local.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Cool.

There is a list of quality artists called “The Brag Art List”. Talented tattooers from all over the world. Check it out via Google.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

As these guys said, it is bad form to copy another artist’s work. But you can show it to your very carefully selected artist to use as inspiration, and as a way to show them what you are thinking. Then they can design a custom piece for you, that you will love. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.