Cat16
Participant
@cat16

Hi there fellow tattoo folk.

I am new to this forum but I am looking for at bit of support/ advice as my pals are not tattoo folk.

I am not someone who gets a tattoo in a whim, I always give myself at least a year to think them over and if I still want it I get it done then I get it. I am 28 and now have four in total but my most recent was just done a day or two ago. The thing is it’s exactly what I wanted but needed to be bigger than I had thought due to the writing in it. It’s on my inner left arm at the top and is a rose with words are the stem. Like I said I had given it alot of thought before now and it is what I wanted but why am I not loving it?? I feel a little regret which I have never had before with getting inked and so I am not sure what to think.

Please help, opinions wanted.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome!

A photo would be helpful.

Cat16
Participant
@cat16

@Sam-I-Am 146828 wrote:

Welcome!

A photo would be helpful.

Hi there Sam.

I don’t know how to upload a photo here. Can you give me some guidance?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Upload picture to a photo sharing site then post a link here.
Waiting a year to think about a tattoo is great for your first but that is just silly now that would mean you could only get one a year.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Cat16 146825 wrote:

Hi there fellow tattoo folk.

I am new to this forum but I am looking for at bit of support/ advice as my pals are not tattoo folk.

I am not someone who gets a tattoo in a whim, I always give myself at least a year to think them over and if I still want it I get it done then I get it. I am 28 and now have four in total but my most recent was just done a day or two ago. The thing is it’s exactly what I wanted but needed to be bigger than I had thought due to the writing in it. It’s on my inner left arm at the top and is a rose with words are the stem. Like I said I had given it alot of thought before now and it is what I wanted but why am I not loving it?? I feel a little regret which I have never had before with getting inked and so I am not sure what to think.

Please help, opinions wanted.

sounds like “tattoo buyer’s remorse” to me,which is very common from what I have seen on tattoo forums,

remorse over the $ spent,the shock of the new tattoo,and it being bigger than you thought,etc,etc,it will pass and you will love your tattoo,it’s kind of too late now anyway,at least for now.

and on a side not,in the tattoo world go big or go home,so it being bigger than you thought is a good thing IMO

and you wrote “The thing is it’s exactly what I wanted” ,so if you like it,what’s the problem ?

Cat16
Participant
@cat16

@Dan 146832 wrote:

sounds like “tattoo buyer’s remorse” to me,which is very common from what I have seen on tattoo forums,

remorse over the $ spent,the shock of the new tattoo,and it being bigger than you thought,etc,etc,it will pass and you will love your tattoo,it’s kind of too late now anyway,at least for now.

and on a side not,in the tattoo world go big or go home,so it being bigger than you thought is a good thing IMO

and you wrote “The thing is it’s exactly what I wanted” ,so if you like it,what’s the problem ?

Thanks I think you guys are right. I am liking it more today the redness has gone down much more and I am getting a far better idea of what it is going to look like permanently. Thanks for the opinions though it’s much appreciated

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.