oot-n-aboot
Participant
@oot-n-aboot

Hey everyone!

When I was 16 (I’m almost 25 now) I got a Superman tattoo and I’ve been trying to hide it for years. I’ve never had it touched up, hoping it would just fade away (obviously I know it’ll never be gone, but it has faded considerably). For some reason I’d never even considered a cover up to be possible, and it’s lead me to be disinterested in tattoos simply because I didn’t like my own. Recently I’ve been told by a friend that a coverup may be possible. So basically it’s my second time around getting a tattoo and I’d like to do it right this time. It’s exciting! Still though, I have no clue what to cover it up with, the limitations the artist may have because of the design, or how to even go about starting the process at all, really.

I realize it’s an introduction thread and not a help thread, but I’ll attach the pic of the current tattoo anyway and post a separate help thread with some more specific ideas of what I’d like to incorporate in the new design.

It’s exciting to be excited about tattoos again! Thank for having me here!

Link to tattoo image, middle upper back: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Laser is quite affordable these days and will greatly increase the possibilities of the coverup. Dont have to remove it but a couple sessions to lighten it will really help any coverup be effective.
Its not that dark to begin with. How big is it?

oot-n-aboot
Participant
@oot-n-aboot

Yeah it’s faded quite a bit since it’s been about 8 or 9 years since I got it. As for size, it’s about 5″x5″ or so, right in the middle of my upper back. I’ve been trying to think of some dark designs I would like since I figure dark colours would be easier to use in a cover up, but as I said before I know very little about the limitations my current design will bring.

I’ll have a look into the laser surgery idea, I was just under the impression it was just crazy expensive.

Thanks!

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Ive done a couple laser sessions and the most ive ever spent on a session was $200. On my forearm. It hurts like getting popped with a rubberband 10 times per second. But its really fast.

oot-n-aboot
Participant
@oot-n-aboot

Man, that’s much cheaper than I expected! I’ll have a look. Thanks again!

Dan
Participant
@dan

laser is always an option,but IMO so is an artist that’s good at cover ups,here is a cover up with no laser that Alycia Harr did for me.
coverup3.jpg

oot-n-aboot
Participant
@oot-n-aboot

Damn that turned out well! I’m going in for a consultation soon, hopefully they can work out something as nice as yours!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.