pjeffry
Participant
@pjeffry

Hi, I’m a new member and just got my second tattoo last week. My first was about 50 years ago (An Eagle holding a ribbon that says U.S Army). Oh to be 18 again. Anyway I really like the tribal style and I scuba diving is my passion so I thought I’d get a Manta Ray. I really like the design but I’m not happy with the positioning and that’s my fault but a little more advice from the artist would have been appreciated. Anyway, I’m attaching two pictures which are a week apart. I noticed yesterday that some of the lines are becoming a bit blurry (and don’t give me the ‘hey your 68, you can’t see anyway) and I’m wondering if its becoming blown out or is this part of the healing process. I’ve been very diligent about washing and keeping moistened lightly with Lubriderm and just tried coconut oil today… Thanks!

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Some of those lines look blown, but some are just healing. I suspect that you didn’t go to someone who specializes in polynesian/tribal work because the linework wasn’t great to start with. But none of your friends or family will notice (unless they’re tattoo nerds).

I would love to see a pic of your first tattoo!

Dan
Participant
@dan

yep,let it heal,IMO it looks like a decent tattoo,

pjeffry
Participant
@pjeffry

Lola, thanks for the input. Here’s a picture of my first tattoo, now keep in mind this was 50 years ago in Tacoma, WA and, get this, cost $7.50. The eagles beak is actually on the right side. At the time there was some yellow and red in it. At one point I was considering having it covered but then thought this was a classic and something to be proud of. The usual comment I get is’ What is that’ ?

Dan, thanks to you too, I like your turtle, looks like you like the tribal look as well. I really want to get another one but i think i need to find someone around the CT or New York area who’s a bit more experienced in Polynesian tribal.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@pjeffry 145936 wrote:

Dan, thanks to you too, I like your turtle, looks like you like the tribal look as well. I really want to get another one but i think i need to find someone around the CT or New York area who’s a bit more experienced in Polynesian tribal.

yes I do,but I specifically like the Marquesas style that I get from an artist on Kauai,here are the 2 he has done on me. Sam Shaw at Kulture Tattoo Kollective. The island of Kaua’i, Hawai’i
(btw I’m an old guy too ! LOL)*and still getting new tattoos !*

my knee hknee2.jpg
knee222.jpg

and this one,

s2.jpg
s1.jpg
and my basic polynesian ankle bands and turtle and my islands,we love Hawaii
these were done by mainland artists
leg1.jpg
leg6.jpg

pjeffry
Participant
@pjeffry

Man, you’ve got some beautiful pieces there, thanks for sharing them…Here’s one I’d like to get on my other calf.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.