Cali-made714
Participant
@cali-made714

Hello future friends, my name is Eric and I am from southern California, now residing in the desert, phoenix Arizona… I have been tattooing for eight years and I am still adjusting to the whole professional equipment since I have been only limited to tattoo work in prison for the past nine years. I have come along way in my tattoo life, most of what I know I have learned by trial and error as I had no one to guide me in my work but if I say so myself I even surprised myself. so I hope to meet new people on here. by the way I don’t have much work to show since I don’t know many people in Arizona, just getting my feet wet right now.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

You need to apprentice yourself to a reputable shop so you can learn the blood and guts of being a professional tatooer.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I agree with Sam, I appreciate that finding an appropriate apprenticeship in prison is not an option but now if you want to do this I hope you will do it properly. Find a good artist nearby, take a portfolio of sketches and keep asking until you get that apprenticeship. It’s the only way to make it as a reputable artist yourself and it will pay off in the long run.

Cali-made714
Participant
@cali-made714

thank you kittykat… I guess what I have to now is get my portfolio started.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

There are some really good artists that have made it starting out on their own or in prison. The odds are against you for sure. Take your time, do it right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.