jwalked
Participant
@jwalked

I am looking for an artist in the SF bay area. I have a fairly large tattoo in mind and a general concept but zero artistic ability. I’m looking for any suggestions and, if possible, websites to review their work before I go to talk with them. Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks!
Jim

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum.

jwalked
Participant
@jwalked

Thanks Sam but it looks like you’re in Pennsylvania? That’d be a little too far for me 😉

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@jwalked 144220 wrote:

Thanks Sam but it looks like you’re in Pennsylvania? That’d be a little too far for me 😉

I’m not a tattooer.

There should be some very good talent in your area. Give them your idea and let them design a tattoo specifically for you.

Keep us posted.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Hey Jim! What style are you into? American Traditional, Japanese, New Skool, Realism? It’s hard to recommend an artist without knowing that first.

The first artist that came to mind in your area is Freddy Corbin. Scott Sylvia is down there, too.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

There are many talented tattooists in the Bay area but as Lola said really need to have what you have in mind.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Nick Chaboya, Grime, Andre Malcom, Adrian Lee, Jeff Croci, Paco Dietz, Horitomo, Khong Nguyen, Seth Wood, George Campise, Da Wei…

jwalked
Participant
@jwalked

@Call_me_Lola 144226 wrote:

Hey Jim! What style are you into? American Traditional, Japanese, New Skool, Realism? It’s hard to recommend an artist without knowing that first.

The first artist that came to mind in your area is Freddy Corbin. Scott Sylvia is down there, too.

Thank you Lola! Guess that would be a bit of helpful info, huh? Not sure what style it would fall into, guess American Traditional? Looking for one that starts at the sternum, goes up to the collar bone, wraps around (and encompasses) the left arm and extends across the back to the spine with about the same top-to-bottom dimensions. Oh, and it also involves a cover up on the back. It would be a reaper with the face over the left shoulder, one scythe coming in from the front, through the heart with the tip coming out of the back and another scythe going in through the back and the tip coming out through the heart. Gray scale is possible but the cover up is an old color tat.

I’ll start researching Freddy and Scott but any other suggestions would be helpful 😎

Jim

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I guess all those names I threw out isn’t worth checking out… smh

If you want trad, spider murphy’s in San Rafael. More specifically Paul Dobleman or Theo Mindell. Also like mentioned Scott and Tim Lehl at the same shop. Also Seth Wood at Freddie’s shop

jwalked
Participant
@jwalked

@yodaddynukka 144237 wrote:

I guess all those names I threw out isn’t worth checking out… smh

If you want trad, spider murphy’s in San Rafael. More specifically Paul Dobleman or Theo Mindell. Also like mentioned Scott and Tim Lehl at the same shop. Also Seth Wood at Freddie’s shop

Actually nukka, I was just checking them out. Really like Paco’s style and his drawings and just sent him an email.Thank you very much!

jwalked
Participant
@jwalked

So it’s either Nick or Paco. Thank you very much to everyone for the suggestions. Now for the fun part!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Paco is great. I have a half sleeve from him and I get compliments all the time. Also I forgot that Dave Fox moved from Philly to Petaluma. Definitely check him out also. One of my favorite artists.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.