webbo521
Participant
@webbo521

Hi guys, im looking to have a tattoo in honour of my dad who was a massive guitar fan. He was amazing at playing, and also singing. Im looking for inspiration as I am useless at drawing.
Look forward to any help you can offer
Jenny

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Welcome!
An idea right off the bat, make a tattoo of his favorite guitar, and a rose behind it maybe?

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I have seen some pretty cool tattoos on IG that are just part of a guitar, like the headstock and part of the neck, some with a hand playing them.

And I just googled ‘hand carved guitars’, there are some cool pics out there. Saw one with a mermaid carved around it that would be a cool reference. (O.K. you might not want the mermaid one, but there were some really cool other ones, too.)

If you go for a guitar make sure that you find a really good artist. They will have to be really good at long straight even lines to pull off those strings successfully.

You don’t need to be able to draw you only need to be able to express your concept to your carefully chosen artist. I once taped a few pictures together into a poorly made collage to show an artist my idea. Then I let them run with the idea and ended up with an awesome custom piece.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@webbo521 143864 wrote:

Hi guys, im looking to have a tattoo in honour of my dad who was a massive guitar fan. He was amazing at playing, and also singing. Im looking for inspiration as I am useless at drawing.
Look forward to any help you can offer
Jenny

what kind of guitar was his favorite one ? brand & model ? maybe like was said a nice looking guitar tattoo could look great .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.