puglucky
Participant
@puglucky

I got this outline done 3 weeks ago and I’m suppose to go back tomorrow and have the color applied….

I hate this outline, I don’t feel like it flows at all and I feel like once its colored in it will just look like a giant blob, I feel like its just too big. Am I being super picky? Will this be easy to cover with something else if its just an outline or will I need to have it removed?

I have attached a pic of the outline… I originally asked for a few flowers going down my arm, I wanted only buds and no stems and I went to this artist because he has done other work (flowers on my upper shoulder) and I thought he would be able to blend them well but I feel like this outline is a totally different direction then the other stuff I have going on (lots of traditional) I feel like this has a japanese feel to it and I’m not into it…..

Will this be easy to cover up? or will I need to have it removed first?

3604209_orig.jpg

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Quick answer: yes.

I’m a horticulturist of sorts and I can’t tell what flower it’s supposed to be. (I would guess a head of Kale)
Don’t go back to the same tattooer, please.

puglucky
Participant
@puglucky

lol THANK YOU lol

I fell like nobody whos knows me in real life wants to tell me the truth about it….

puglucky
Participant
@puglucky

Heres a pictures of the one on my shoulder (done by the same artist)
2691466_orig.jpg

And another one that I have that I LOVE (done by a different artist)
3322378_orig.jpg

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@puglucky 143450 wrote:

lol THANK YOU lol

I fell like nobody who knows me in real life wants to tell me the truth about it….

That’s the way it is. I had my second tattoo done over and MY WIFE said “I didn’t like it the way it was”. That after I had it for over a year.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I don’t know what flower that is either, but it’s a bit unhealthy. The lice have eaten far too much of the leaves.

First of all, definitely don’t to for the coloring session. Regardless of whether or not your tattooist would do it well, if you’re unsure then you shouldn’t go.

Personally I’d have that thing lasered off and get a new (better) one to cover it. I’m pretty much against pure coverup jobs on black, since they will always need to be much darker than you’d otherwise want, therefore resulting in a far less than perfect tattoo.

Did you look at all at the stencil before it was applied? Or was that done freehand?

puglucky
Participant
@puglucky

I did see the stencil, but it was much smaller and more detailed on the drawing then what was actually applied… I actually liked it for the first week and then slowly I have grown to hate it lol…. 3 weeks ago I emailed the artist and told him that I was having reservations and asked if he could shade in the stencil with some color or even a couple of pedals so I could have a better idea of what the finished product was… he said sure and then I emailed him again 2 days ago to remind him and he said he was too busy with other clients… my appointment is for tomorrow but I already hate it so I think adding color will only complicate.

I already made an appointment with another artist to have it reworked/covered or lasered if he feels its needed….

Its suppose to be a peony lol

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It can’t be lasered for several months, and the lasering will take a few months more. Don’t rush it and make it worse 🙂

The peony is a gorgeous flower, and could look exquisite in realism or edge-less/thin-edged color.. but those thick black edges take all the beauty out of it IMO, aside from not really looking anything like a peony.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

line work looks to have some blow outs towards the top

puglucky
Participant
@puglucky

I had a consult with another artist yesterday… they do tattoo removal at the same shop and he said for sure it would need to be lightened but he thinks it might just need one pass with the laser to lighten up enough to cover which is great if that’s the case ;)…. We talked about covering the entire upper arm with a snake/flowers/mouse design that would look kick ass and hide the existing tattoo pretty well after its lightened.

I’m talking to another artist on Monday to see what he thinks and then making a firm decision from there.

As far as the blow out, I don’t see any when I look at it? maybe its just the picture or possibly I’m just not experienced enough to recognize it…

puglucky
Participant
@puglucky

I also want to thank everyone who replied 😉

I’m SOOOO Happy that I didn’t go back to have it filled it, I’m feeling so much better about exploring other options and I think if I had colored the arm it would have really limited my options and made for a lengthy process ….. so super happy about that… Its a mistake but at this point its still relatively easy fix compared to what it could have been.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

@puglucky 143483 wrote:

As far as the blow out, I don’t see any when I look at it? maybe its just the picture or possibly I’m just not experienced enough to recognize it…

It might help seeing a more detailed and close up picture, but I agree that it looks blown out. I´m glad you decided to move on and find a better artist to save this. Amazing how you can trust the opinions of strangers much better than those of your friends 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.