cheeksbrah
    Participant
    @cheeksbrah

How’s it going everybody? I’m Zach originally from New York but am stationed in Italy until 2017 (I’m active duty Navy). I’ve always gone back and forth about getting tattoos and finally took the plunge last August.

Being from NY I wanted to get something representing that. So I got this on a whim at a tattoo convention in Palermo. It was done by Matt Oliver from Ink Memory Tattoo in Rome. Not the greatest tattoo but for a quick 100 euro and free hand I love it. I might add to it but I wanted something kind of traditional/ graffiti style.

tat1.jpg

Number two is Max Cady from Cape Fear. One of my favorite movies and antagonists. I kind of have a thing for realistic/noir type villains. I wanted a realistic portrait of his face from a particular scene. I found Nino from Ozon Tattoo out of Napoli and started talking to him and checking out his work. About 3 and a half hours and 400 euros later I had this:

tat2.jpg

I was so impressed with his work he is now my go to artist over here. Here’s what I have planned:

This is going on my right arm. My father’s roommate drew this back in 1978. My father has had numerous high dollar offers for it but refuses to sell it. It’s been hanging up in his house forever.

tat3.jpg

And this is going on my upper back shoulders area. Reminds me of my friends and I as kids. A scene from the movie Once Upon a Time in America.

tat4.jpg

I’m open to critiques/ criticism. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Thankyou for your service.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Welcome.
    I like the second one I would like to see it healed.

cheeksbrah
    Participant
    @cheeksbrah

@jerryatrophy 141917 wrote:

Thankyou for your service.

Thank you for the support

@buttwheat 141919 wrote:

Welcome.
    I like the second one I would like to see it healed.

Taken 2 mins ago. 3 weeks after getting it.

HEALED.jpg

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure you should get more work from that artist, since I didn’t even recognize that as DeNiro. I’ve seen worse, but you can do much better. And when it comes to tattoos … well … mediocre just isn’t good enough. Especially for a portrait.

I love the idea of getting that drawing as a tattoo. It will be cool, and meaningful to you. A piece of home. Not that I think that tattoos need to have meaning. But sometimes it works.

I also would like to thank you for your service. (My stepdad says “if you don’t stand behind our troops, then you can go ahead and stand in front of them”.)

cheeksbrah
    Participant
    @cheeksbrah

@Call_me_Lola 141922 wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure you should get more work from that artist, since I didn’t even recognize that as DeNiro. I’ve seen worse, but you can do much better. And when it comes to tattoos … well … mediocre just isn’t good enough. Especially for a portrait.

I love the idea of getting that drawing as a tattoo. It will be cool, and meaningful to you. A piece of home. Not that I think that tattoos need to have meaning. But sometimes it works.

I also would like to thank you for your service. (My stepdad says “if you don’t stand behind our troops, then you can go ahead and stand in front of them”.)

Appreciate the kind words Lola, and the criticism. I’ll definitely check out some other artists around Europe. In the artists defense, my leg did swell up and my camera phone isn’t exactly the greatest.But, no regrets so far.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.