Ethismos
    Participant
    @ethismos

Hey there!
    Ethismos is here and I suppose I have to introduce myself!
    So, i got one tattoo so far, got it a few months ago, and a earlobe piercing.
    I’m surely gonna get more tattoos in the future, but don’t want to stress it. i could easely do a tattoo every month, but would run out of space too soon…

As for piercings, I think I have a weird relationship with those. I love them on women. I also love the feeling of getting pierced, but i think i would look silly with anything more than the simple earlobe. Maybe it’s just because I’m used to the way I look, maybe it’s because it kind of a trend lately, and I don’t want to be part of it.
    I do however consider a genital piercing, that way it is just for me to know, and I do really like the idea.
    But for now, everything is just thoughts.

Nice to meet you all!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Welcome
    May we see said tattoo?

Ethismos
    Participant
    @ethismos

Only have the photo from the artist, when it was first done.
    Photo 1 of 1 from Tattoo

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome!

Is he wearing a monocle?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Welcome mate, hang around and learn lots ๐Ÿ™‚

Ethismos
    Participant
    @ethismos

Sam-I-Am, no, it’s an eye-patch.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Ethismos 139817 wrote:

Sam-I-Am, no, it’s an eye-patch.

Cool! Keep us posted.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome to the forum.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Said tattoo is Ok. kinda looks a little flat. Please take this with a grain of salt and strive for better tattoo work in the future.

Ethismos
    Participant
    @ethismos

English is not my native language, what do you mean by flat?

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I’m guessing he means it’s lacking depth.

And I agree. Tons of white in there that serves no purpose at all, the eye and nose are horribly executed, and it’s just.. Sloppy. The linework is chopped, uneven and not good at all. Sorry but I don’t think it’s a very good tattoo. Do better next time!

Ethismos
    Participant
    @ethismos

Depth as in 3d-Tattoo? Not something I was after…
    The white lines have faded, I can see it looks too much on the photo, but on my arm it is much better.
    As for the eye and the nose, it’s not made to reseble a real face, nor complete reality, and I like it so. I specialy like how a mole is in the middle of the nose, makes it unique.
    As for sloppy, i just don’t see it…

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

No not as in 3D or realism, but as in.. Any artwork ever that’s not totally abstract. Creating depth is fairly basic, and this tattoo is screaming for it.
    I wasn’t comparing it to realistic tattoos either, but anything even resembling facial features. Moles and uniqueness are great, but the eye looks like something a child drew, and as it’s not a surrealism piece, I’m guessing that wasn’t intentional.
    Don’t post your tattoos here if you aren’t willing to accept criticism. It’s fair that you just don’t see it, but those of us who have been into tattoos for a long time and know good work, do see it. It’s nothing personal, it’s just not a brilliantly made tattoo. Just makes you prepared to seek out a better artist next time ๐Ÿ™‚

Ethismos
    Participant
    @ethismos

I’m ready to accept criticism, I just responded with the way I feel about it. Telling me an honest opinion is welcome, at least I know how you feel about it, way better than only hearing nice comments while people might be thinking in another way.
    Anyone getting a tattoo should be ready to accept critisism, it something the world sees and people are gonna have opinions about it, not everyone will like it.

I’m not good with art terms, but if surrealism is what i have in mind, then no, it’s not a surrealism piece. However, the eye is not supposed to look like a human eye. It’s not an eye looking at the physical world like a human beings, therefore it doesn’t like one.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Here is some examples of depth against your tattoo, hope you understand the difference? ๐Ÿ™‚

I tried to find similar ones to yours but then kind of just went a bit mad lol There are literally thousands I could have chosen though ๐Ÿ™‚

28a0w9.jpg

264lzjt.jpg

30vyg0h.jpg

1z4evc2.jpg

334668m.jpg

2hhoc91.jpg

ay2hvr.jpg

20it5ko.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.