Triplemytails
    Participant
    @triplemytails

Hey totally new to the site but not new to the concept of tats i have 3 already LOVE them but am wanting to get into tattooing myself (and by myself i mean i want to put them on myself) i am a bit above an intermediate artist and i know how to hit a strait line with a tat gun for sure but im wanting to be able to put my own concepts on myself without having to pay TONS for one tat and argue with a guy in a shop over color schemes. so i was wondering if any body on here WITH ACTUAL SHOP EXSPERIENCE AKA worked in an actual shop doing tats could give me some insight on equipment and techniques. im not looking for above and beyond bad ass equipment just something that wont break down every 5 minutes and that has a decent motor with a good set up. blending would be something im perfectly fine with taking advise on and also a decent cleaning solution different needles purposes good pedal advise and preferred ink brands ….. honestly i know it boils down to preference and sskin when it comes to alot of things but im confident i can handle it!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I’ve always found tattoo artists like to talk about technique if you’ll ask intelligent questions. I’ve never had a single question about shading or autoclaves or whatever is on my mind be laughed off yet. Most people (myself included) love to prattle on about the details of their careers if you’ll listen. The best method to learn is to sit across from a live human being and ask questions, not asking strangers on the internet.

Triplemytails
    Participant
    @triplemytails

that was a little rude i live in an area with very few competent artist and any who are frown upon anyone trying to start out and possibly get started cause that kills their buisness. What i want is a WIDE view of competent artist who are not afraid of someone starting a shop on their turf (i have no interest in a shop) mostly only care about purchasing GOOD equipment the other stuff i can practice and learn on my own

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Triplemytails 139200 wrote:

that was a little rude i live in an area with very few competent artist and any who are frown upon anyone trying to start out and possibly get started cause that kills their buisness. What i want is a WIDE view of competent artist who are not afraid of someone starting a shop on their turf (i have no interest in a shop) mostly only care about purchasing GOOD equipment the other stuff i can practice and learn on my own

How was that in any way rude?

Sorry, this forum does not cater to scratchers. All technique discussions are forbidden here. If you want to learn how to tattoo, get an apprenticeship.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Welcome
    A tat is something you get in a trailer park, tattoos are what are discussed here.. A gun is is something you shoot people with, a tattoo machine is what you use to give tattoos.

Please enroll yourself in some art classes work on a portfolio of drawings then search out a proper apprenticeship.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Perhaps you should get a live pig. Practice on it.

I totally agree about the “tat” and “gun” opinion. In this forum you will find mostly two types of people. The professional tattoo artist and the serious collector.

There are many here with their first tattoo, some with no tattoo yet, and some just tattoo curious. Hopefully they will all become serious collectors.

If you’re serious about tattooing, you must read “So you want to be a tattoo artist”. It’s a very good thread. Get an apprenticeship and learn correct procedures.

If you don’t want the bother? Fuck off!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.