Littlefraggle
    Participant
    @littlefraggle

Hi from Kent. This is undoubtedly the best place for advice. I am 40 and am planning on getting my first tattoo. Something Japanese and koi flavoured. I would like to know about potential artists in South East and also to enquire about ink – I’m 40 so by the time I’m 70 will my art look like a smudged mess? Thanks

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Welcome to the forum.
    Where are you from?
    My 10 year old elbow could some freshening up but that’s cause its an elbow. You’ll be fine.

Littlefraggle
    Participant
    @littlefraggle

Hi, I’m from Derby but live near Sevenoaks. Thanks

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Hi welcome. I got my first tattoo when I was 40, I figured I wouldn’t care anymore when they started looking bad.

Try here Tattoo Studio in Chelmsford, Essex | Immortal Ink they do some bad ass ink.
    I dont know if that is close to you but isn’t England about the size of a postage stamp.

Littlefraggle
    Participant
    @littlefraggle

UK isn’t that small but Chelmsford is about an hour and a half away so thanks.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Littlefraggle 138053 wrote:

UK isn’t that small but Chelmsford is about an hour and a half away so thanks.

An hour and half is not very far at all for quality ink. So you are unwilling to spend 3 hours for something that will be on you for ever? that just sounds silly to me.

The whole Uk is smaller than most states in the US United States UK size comparison

Littlefraggle
    Participant
    @littlefraggle

I am not sure I said I wouldn’t travel 3 hours, I just said it was an hour and a half in each direction. I have no issues travelling 5 hours if I have to.

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@Littlefraggle 138033 wrote:

Hi from Kent. This is undoubtedly the best place for advice. I am 40 and am planning on getting my first tattoo. Something Japanese and koi flavoured. I would like to know about potential artists in South East and also to enquire about ink – I’m 40 so by the time I’m 70 will my art look like a smudged mess? Thanks

welcome !

I’ve been getting tattoos since I was about 23,I’m 54 now,still getting tattoos ! ๐Ÿ˜€

and most my oldest pieces still look good,aged,but still good,

(it’s all about skin care & staying out of the sun)which is what we should be doing anyway.

do I hope they look good at 70? I’ll just be happy to be around at 70 ! LOL

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 138054 wrote:

An hour and half is not very far at all for quality ink. So you are unwilling to spend 3 hours for something that will be on you for ever? that just sounds silly to me.

The whole Uk is smaller than most states in the US United States UK size comparison

I didn’t know the UK was so closed to Chicago. Damn climate change!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I’ve traveled hours for a good beer and pissed that away before I even got home!

(I was 56 when I got my first on in June 2012)

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome to the forum. I also didn’t get my first until I was in my forties, I imagine that by the time that the lines begin to blur my eyesight will be too, so it shouldn’t be a problem. But I’m taking good care of them. As someone said, no sun. I either stay in the shade or slather on the sunscreen. Or both.

I hope you get a great piece! Asking where to find a great artist before you start? You, sir, are doing it right.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Welcome mate, check out my signature link below ๐Ÿ™‚

Greyhound
    Participant
    @greyhound

Is gosport too far for you?

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

GCL; FOURTIES?! I thought you were like early thirties, tops.

Feeling young here, haha! I got my first at 15 and I’m just 23. But hey. I’ll be out of room way before I’m 40. When I worked in a shop we once had a lady come in to get her first, for her 70th birthday! It was fun. She got quite a few more after that. So never to late!
    I basically just know of good artists in London, though, but the UK holds a great deal of talent ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

Welcome to the forum. You’re never too old to get started. I was 50 when I got my first. I only have two small ones, but have plans for several more. I’m just not sure when I will be able to move forward with my plans. Happy planning!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.