peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Hi and welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Dmitry is self taught as are quite a few of the worlds best artists but these are probably rare geniuses ๐Ÿ™‚ An apprenticeship will always be the way to go, sadly as mentioned above some people although passionate will just never make the cut and then instead of simply looking at the reality of things and seeing if there is actually true potential there and if there isn’t then there is nothing wrong with being passionate about it but just not using other peoples skin.

If you are that passionate about it, practice on yourself. Most of the worlds best artists have shit tattoos because they practiced on themselves.

Have you used your gun on yourself? (by the way i am not recommending you do this lol but it happens a lot but you have fake skin now you can purchase)

Do you have any artwork you have done that you could link, would be really interested personally to see your artwork ๐Ÿ™‚

Trust me I would to be a tattooist but as I cant draw for shit, it stays a nice daydream where it belongs:)

Saying all this if it is really what you want keep at it the proper way and with true dedication you may get somewhere, there will always be negativity but I do not see why you should or would take offence to the others on here just stating facts to you, whether you asked for them or not they are still facts ๐Ÿ™‚

Chill, relax and now the ice is broken I am sure you will enjoy it here ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck and happy new year!

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@CheshireGrin 137057 wrote:

You know it’s amazing how my words can get twisted so badly online. The only thing I can think of is that people are responding to small portions of my posts and not the entire thing??

I said I wasn’t going to introduce myself with “hey can I get an apprenticeship?” Not that I didn’t want one… that it would be rude to the professional artists out there if I did introduce myself that way.

I could honestly go all the way through and explain every single thing again but honestly what good would that do since you all have obviously made up your mind about me and my intentions without knowing me, my situation or asking for any clarification if you were in doubt of anything I had to say.

The only other thing I will say is that I came here with humility and an open mind simply stating that I have fine art training ie the classical arts ie that’s the proper academic term for it not my over inflated opinion of it or words for it and what I got on return was a crap ton of lambasting and a half hearted welcome. I didn’t come here to try and take any possession away from anyone else. I came here to be an observer, a learner… I don’t think I will be staying though because in this case a few bad apples HAVE ruined the whole bunch and put a very bad taste in my mouth about this forum as a whole. It’s NOT because I disagree with anything that is being said (mainly because I do agree with what’s being said) its because not a single one of you took the time to read what I had to say. I absorbed everything you guys had to say, read it and reread it… I didn’t even get an inch of wiggle room in return. So yeah, you guys are right. This ISN’T the place for me.

CHEERS!

well I hope you stick around,I know “tattoo” forums seem to be snobbish & rude compared to other online discussion forums IMO,I think most here & at other tattoo forums maybe don’t mean to be rude to new members,it’s funny,or they just seem to think it’s ok at tattoo forums for some weird reason,I have been a long time member at 3 other online forums,one home theater,one computer tech,& one photography for many years,one as long as 13 years,I don’t see the snobby rude behavior at those forums like I do at tattoo forums,I just take them with a grain of salt,sometimes I’m nice,sometimes I just feel like being an asshole and give it back to ’em,seems to keep them in line.I think some tattooed people & some tattooers seem to think their shit does’nt stink,be we all know it does,just like everyone else’s.

[disclaimer] *this was not meant towards any one individual,group,organization,entity,or anyone else.just one man’s opinion & observations.*

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.