schwartz1
    Participant
    @schwartz1

Hello. New guy here. I wanted to get some opinions on my idea for a half sleeve.
    I am thinking about a traditional Japanese theme of a tiger and snake, but done in black/gray realism style.
    I plan on contacting an artist by the name of Rember Orellana in Lewisville TX.
    One issue though, I have an existing tattoo (20yrs old) that would have to be covered, if possible.
    So, I would like some opinions on my idea before I set up a consult with the artist to see if he is intersted in doing the work, and if its possible.
    Thanks

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Good choice of artist.

I like the idea but might be better lasering first to lighten it:)

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Rember is legit. Post a picture of your existing ink. Like peter said, lasering first will give the artist way more creativity and freedom executing your piece

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Remember is a fantastic choice he is pumping out the quality work.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Keep us posted. (I would do it all in color myself!)

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

Welcome to the forum! 🙂 Do keep us posted!!

schwartz1
    Participant
    @schwartz1

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am having issues with my PC, so I can’t post a pic of my existing tattoo. It’s the Pearl Jam “Alive” man. About 2×2 inches, black (a bit faded) located on the center of my deltoid muscle.
    Probably wont get started on this until the end of the year. I am getting work done on my right arm: 2 guardian lions (Foo Dogs) and Hannya mask. I have another appt in Aug to finish the background.
    Thanks again all.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@schwartz1 129717 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am having issues with my PC, so I can’t post a pic of my existing tattoo.

Well I hope you have those PC issues sorted out soon, because I certainly want to see pics of this one when it is done. You have picked a great artist to work with. Looking forward to seeing it.

Welcome to the forum.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

There are no secrets here

stickman3.jpg

schwartz1
    Participant
    @schwartz1

That’s the one. Mine does not cover that much of my arm, and is not as dark anymore.
    I still like it, but want some real art there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.