Bloodshot
    Participant
    @bloodshot

Hey everyone how goes? My name is Bryan and I’m starting a new life. I’ve been on some pretty hard shit for the last 7 years of my life. I’m clean now and I’m looking to get a tattoo in honor of my new start.

I’ve never got a tattoo in my life but in would really like a couple. The only idea I’ve got is a quote:

“My greatest pains become my greatest strengths”.

I like tribal and thought it might be cool to somehow incorporate it, or some sort of design with this quote and get it on my right shoulder blade.

But it’s just an idea and I’m open to suggestions.

Thank you all 🙂

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Hey mate, well done!

Take some advice, do not get tribal and quotes lol

Get some proper art instead:)

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on turning your life around!

Most people here follow two basic guidelines for a quality tattoo.
    1) No text
    2) No tribal

Please do serious research before you get a tattoo. And most importantly, find a really good tattoo artist.

Good luck and post lots of pictures.

Bloodshot
    Participant
    @bloodshot

Haha fair enough. Well I’m open to suggestions. That’s why I’m here 🙂 like I said, never had any ink. Just looking for something inspirational to help me keep on doing the right thing. Thanks for the input 🙂

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome to the forum, Bloodshot. Sounds like you have a reason to be pretty proud of yourself!! Stay strong.

I agree with the other folks here. Find an image that you love, that means the same thing to you, and get that instead. And get it from the best artist that you can find.

Tribal is a little too 1990’s. With a great picture people can get a good look at it as you go by. With text they won’t get the meaning unless you stop to let them read it, and then you usually have to explain it.

But in the end, get something that YOU love.

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

Welcome to the forum. Stay the course! :):):)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Welcome
    I think you should gives this sobriety a try for awhile before getting it tattooed on you it just might not be your cup of tea.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

You’re going to see a tattoo or a subject for a tattoo and you’re going to say FUCK! THAT’S ME! Thats MY story! I just hope you find it before you get your tattoo.

Questions: Was there a religious experience? Was there a “good woman” that helped you? Were there old friends that helped? or new friends that helped?
    What was your turning point? I’m quite sure there is an awesome tattoo that will fill your requirements.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 128982 wrote:

Welcome
    I think you should gives this sobriety a try for awhile before getting it tattooed on you it just might not be your cup of tea.

Good point butt. Sobriety is good, but only in moderation.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.