Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

Hello there!
    I’ve started seriusly thinking about my first tattoo! I’ve always had it in mind, but didn’t really do much more that think that it would cost me a lot and that I don’t have that money. And I still don’t, but I can get something smaller and cheaper to start with, and later on, at some point I will sure get my dream tattoo!

Dipland
    Participant
    @dipland

It’s a good thing you came here. Everybody should always start with a shitty cheap tattoo before you can afford a good one. That way you will appreciate a good tattoo later. And when you can actually afford a good one, you will also be able to afford lasering your original shitty tattoo.

Spend some time here and on other forums, and thinking about what you want to put on your body forever.

Deep breath!!!

Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

I’m defenetly not getting any bad tattoo, I happen to know 2 tattoo artists, and a very good friend of mine has 6 tattoos. It’s just that I want tattoos with a lot of details an shadows, and that are also preatty big.
    Spending less that what that Tattoo would cost me, is still spending enough to get a serius and good tattoo, by the hands of somebody I can trust.
    To be precise about numbers, I talked one of the artists about one tattoo I had in mind, and he told me it would cost me more that 2000 euro. And right now I’m talking about a few hundrends of euros. So, i think the curent budget is a good one, considering work i’ve seen for less money.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Paralytic Poison 128223 wrote:

I’m defenetly not getting any bad tattoo, I happen to know 2 tattoo artists, and a very good friend of mine has 6 tattoos. It’s just that I want tattoos with a lot of details an shadows, and that are also preatty big.
    Spending less that what that Tattoo would cost me, is still spending enough to get a serius and good tattoo, by the hands of somebody I can trust.
    To be precise about numbers, I talked one of the artists about one tattoo I had in mind, and he told me it would cost me more that 2000 euro. And right now I’m talking about a few hundrends of euros. So, i think the curent budget is a good one, considering work i’ve seen for less money.

Firstly can you link all these artists portfolios please?

Secondly you get what you pay for!

I would not bother with a small shit tattoo when you obviously have bigger and better plans. I would save and when you have enough get something awesome.

You can still get a good small tattoo for a smaller budget as long as you go to a wicked artist 🙂

Try the link in my signature, a map I did of world class artists around the world to get you started but I am still interested in you linking the artists you are thinking of and any artists you want for your ‘good’ tattoo 🙂

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Bigger is always better when it comes to tattoos. It’s hard to craft a small thing that you don’t want covered up later on. Better to have no tattoos than one you want to be free of.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome to the forum!! You will find a lot of really good advice and plenty of opinions here. These people have taught me a lot.

Another thing to remember – if you get a smaller tattoo now then that space will be used up. You cannot grow more skin and laser is expensive. And painful. So although you want a cool little tattoo now, later on when you come up with an amazing idea for a fantastic tattoo that would have looked great on that spot you will not be able to put it there. And even the spots that you think you won’t come up with great ideas for, trust me, as time goes on you will. That is just how getting tattoos works. The ideas just keep coming. And it is much easier to work with fresh skin than to work around all the little stuff.

Lecture over. 😉

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I like pie!!!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

What tattoo do you ultimately want? You didn’t mention the subject. The more money you spend, the longer you have to wait for a good one.

Don’t start out with shit. I did, and now the artist is nearly done working around the shit tattoos and working on unobstructed skin. What a fucking difference! He can really fly now.

Hold out for quality work. Keep us posted.

Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

I searched the net but it doen’t seem like he has anything online. No website, no social media… No anything.

The second one I know has a fb page, https://www.facebook.com/TattooCrewRhodos
    The work I have seen of the other guy is more suitable to my taste though, and I love the work he has done on my friends tattoos.

As for the plans, I want a Viking Face on my right shoulderblade and a portrait of a dog I had on my left chest. Those are my “fixed” wants. Other than that, I don’t care that much about spots, but i’ll be carefull to be sure i got a possible sleeve senario with whatever comes on my arms. But for full sleeve, I’ll have to wait until I can be sure about career or have a financial security.
    As for the big ones you talk about, I don’t know what kind of sizes you are talking about. I don’t like too big ones, I wouldn’t like a full back tatoo for example.

That Viking face is the one I was talking about, I’ve talked over it with the artists, he has already done a couple of them, and he gave me a minimum price of 2k, in case he would do a drawing he has been working on, if I want him to sketch a new one according to my preference (witch is what I will do) the price goes up of course.

As for the money, I won’t keep em to get one of the other tattoos, I don’t want one of those to be the first one, and I want to start now for personal reasons. You know, it’s one of those times you just know something is the right thing!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

The photo on facebook is in the “traditional” style of tattoo. I’ve seen some done very well. but it’s not for me personally.
    Size? Get one that fits you. A tattoo artist will do one “tailor made”. A tattooer will give you one “off the rack” (or wall in this case)

Just be sure to do your research and get it done right.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Paralytic Poison 128234 wrote:

As for the plans, I want a Viking Face on my right shoulderblade and a portrait of a dog I had on my left chest. Those are my “fixed” wants. Other than that, I don’t care that much about spots, but i’ll be carefull to be sure i got a possible sleeve senario with whatever comes on my arms. But for full sleeve, I’ll have to wait until I can be sure about career or have a financial security.
    As for the big ones you talk about, I don’t know what kind of sizes you are talking about. I don’t like too big ones, I wouldn’t like a full back tatoo for example.

That Viking face is the one I was talking about, I’ve talked over it with the artists, he has already done a couple of them, and he gave me a minimum price of 2k, in case he would do a drawing he has been working on, if I want him to sketch a new one according to my preference (witch is what I will do) the price goes up of course.

For 2K that better be a big-ass shoulder blade!! That would buy me 13 hours of chair time at my artist, or 17 hours with anyone else at the shop. That is enough time to go over the whole piece at least twice. And the custom drawing would be included in that.

Don’t get me wrong, I would (and have) spent that much for a piece from a world renowned artist, but it seems like a lot of cash for someone local. Unless your local guy is on PP’s Brag list.

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

Save the money get what you want but shop around good artist are not cheap and cheap artist are not good. no need to be in a rush get quality over quantity. space is rarely important to the amateur it’s only when you think like a professional is it important to lay them out the best you can for the best look you can get.

Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

Well, I don’t know about prices the world over, in comparison with the rest in the area he seems to have about the same prices. And actually, coming to spend such a sum, I’ll surely have tested him before on something less important to me, if i feel he is the one to do it, i’ll move on, if not, I’ll find someone else.
    I’ve met a guy, who knows a guy etc, who does tattos without having a studio, and he is much cheeper, but i don’t trust a guy like that of course!
    But that’s not something i really care about right now. I want that tattoo to wait for some milestones in my life. And I want to have some experience and knowledge on tattoos when I go for it.

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

Welcome to the forum. :):)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.