Rick James
    Participant
    @rick-james

Hey guys in new to this forum (obviously) and just wanted to see if i could get some advice. I got my first tattoo when i was 18 years old, not knowing anything about them or knowing anyone the was respectable at doing them I went to the local parlor and hopped in the chair. I was/am very disappoined how it turned out. 12 years later (I dont know why I’ve waited so long) I’ve decided to have it covered up. Heres where I need your advice. I don’t know any good artists nor am I a good one either Could someone here give me some ideas on how to cover this up? and does anyone know a good artist in the northwest Ga area thats a good artist? Some copied this from my back so I could getan idea of what I could cover it up with.

Rick James
    Participant
    @rick-james

For some reason the pictures didn’t show up. Can I attach a picture without using a url address?

iggybuddi
    Participant
    @iggybuddi

Upload it to your album, and use the url it gives you below the picture.

Rick James
    Participant
    @rick-james

Rick James
    Participant
    @rick-james

sorry guys I’m having slight issues tonight.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

That’s gonna be a breeze to cover.

Have you given any thought to what kind of tattoo you want to get? Forget that it needs to be a coverup… do you have any style or imagery you like?

Rick James
    Participant
    @rick-james

I like the cross theme and the tribal stuff. I know i want it from shoulder to shoulder so about twice as big. I’m as a fan of black and white although I could be presauded into doing an Atlanta Falcon icon over the cross and have the tribal cover the rest to my sholder and enterain the thought of a quarter sleeve.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Well, not to beat around the bush, but you won’t find much love for tribal on here. Most people think it’s a giant waste of canvas and among the most boring tattoos. And let’s face it, they’re usually right. But tribal CAN be done well, and CAN look good, although this isn’t exactly a common occurrence.

But if that’s what you like, then that’s what you like. Hopefully some of the ‘muricans on here can point you in the direction of a good artist near you that does good tribal. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rick James
    Participant
    @rick-james

Well I’m open to opinions on what to cover it with. I plan on doing some research before getting a tattoo this time since it will be larger and not so easy to cover. What would you cover it with?

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Absolutely anything at all, just as long as it’s big. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.