adarren
@

Hello everyone, I hope you dont mind me joining this forum, but I need some of your opinions. My son is now 16 and has left school, not got a job but he wants to become a tattooist. He is buliding up a portfolio and is very good at sketching. However, I feel he is making a mistake by not going to college. He has been offered a place studying art and design, but has decided he doesnt want college now. He also feels he may get a job as a tattoo apprentice but I have explained that would be extremely hard to come by. How important would the college course be for someone who wishes to persue a career as a tattooist.
Your advise will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Let him do what will make him happy in life. If you shell out a 100 grand on college and he drops out his senior year to become a tattooist you just wasted a butt load of money. Collage would have no usefulness at all in the tattoo world except art classes and or business class to own your own shop.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Hello,
You say your son is 16 and left school?
You’re talking about college when you should first get him a high school diploma. College is not for everybody, particularly some highly creative people. Get the H.S. diploma and go from there. Many people take a year or so off before continuing on to college.
Encourage his creativity. Things will work out.

Sam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.