sithtattoostudio
Participant
@sithtattoostudio

Hi there! I’m Jules, manager at Sith Tattoo Studio in Norwich. I’ve only been working in the tattoo industry for a year or so. In previous lives I have been a barmaid, graphic designer, cook, photographer, factory worker, college lecturer, animator, editor & perpetual student.

I love my job, I work with the best friends a person could ask for and I happen to think that our studio/family is awesome. We co-exist with a graffiti supplies outlet called ‘The Yard’ so we have a good ghetto vibe going on and a large creative space to use. I get to work on my own creative stuff while I’m in the studio as there’s plenty of space for me to paint or sculpt and I even have my own cupboard that I have turned into an animation space.

Life at our studio is interesting, fun and unpredictable, which is just perfect in my book.

Looking forward to using this forum and making some new friends ๐Ÿ˜€

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Hey there, welcome to the forums ๐Ÿ™‚

I love graffiti or to be politically correct now days street art.

sithtattoostudio
Participant
@sithtattoostudio

Hahaha! Well we have a lot of lively debate about ‘Street Art’ v ‘Graffiti’. A lot of the guys who hang around the shop consider themselves to be graffiti ‘writers’ and frown on the whole ‘street art’ thing, or at least consider it to be a totally separate art-form entirely. We have people who are into forms of street art like sticker-bombing and stencilling. I like all of it ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think that diversity is what makes an art form interesting and I have similar views when it comes to tattoos and body art, the more experimental, the better ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and I tend to waffle on a bit about art sometimes, lol.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I didn’t know how organized “street art” or “graffitti” is. I’ve always just assumed that it was done with shoplifted spray paint.
I’ve seen thousands of examples as I work in the railroad industry. I do know of one case several years ago when the artist had to pay to repaint several railroad cars.
Personally, it doesn’t bother me. There is a lot of talent and creativity out there waiting for an outlet.

Welcome to the forum. With all your enthusiasm you’ll do well.

Sam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.