Max Buss
Participant
@max-buss

Been thinking about this one for the last couple of years and finally going to get it done! Happy days 🙂 Just would appreciate any help finding a suitable artist please!

Underwater, Nautical diver, Kraken/Octopus, Fish, Reef, etc.

This is my description so far:

“Please bare with me! 🙂 After more of a colour realism piece but open to opinions.

Okay so from my POV. General idea is to have the edge/side of a reef down the left-hand side of my chest/ribs/lats (under my arm area, 30cm tall, 30cm wide at the bottom 15cm at the top), with a shoal of fish (potentially with a little turtle knocking about somewhere in there, like crush from finding Nemo) swimming around the edge of it (just to the right so near my pectoral area and down the side of my ribs).

Then from there have an old school diver (with the airline) underneath my bottom rib on the seafloor (moving or stationary – tbc). Where the big glass plate is in their helmets I’d like a ‘beam of light’ shining down towards my stomach area.

On my stomach, all on one side of my belly button, I’d like to carry on the seafloor but have a fissure or crack (again near my belly button) with some form of deep sea creature (like the idea of a smaller scale kraken or octopus) either like falling back into the fissure, or close too it, with a ‘blue tang fish’ (what Dory from finding Nemo is haha) between the creature and the diver. The idea of a tentacle wrapping around the divers leg or something linking the two would be good if possible.

Was looking at surrealism pieces and like how they shift and warp so don’t know if it’d be possible to incorporate this into the piece. With that in mind if ‘Dory’ could be shifting towards the Diver and/or the creature shifting backwards that would be ideal!

Originally was thinking of having the whole backdrop all coloured and shaded, to represent the water and transitions of light blues to greens and deep blues etc.. Then also thought that having all of the individual aspects just as stand alone pieces would be pretty spot on too as could, potentially, add the background colours in later? Plus like the idea of having my skin as the link as opposed to the sea colours.
If I was to have the sea colours in the background would rather watercolour styled as then could fade it into my skin more (less bold).

Would appreciate any help as I’m shite at drawing but don’t want to be too picky (despite how it seems) so open to interpretations! 🙂

Cheers 🙂
Max

ps. If possible like the idea of the luminescent vapours/fluid that comes out of the ‘tubey’ plants found near fissures in the seafloor (where there is plenty of sulphur)”

Max Buss
Participant
@max-buss

1393387611.jpg
octopus_tattoo_by_lavandulae-d64p3cc.jpg
725193ad20890108b646b1221194635d.jpg

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Did you mention where youre from in there somewhere?

Max Buss
Participant
@max-buss

Hey Jerry, I’m between York and Newcastle but happy travelling too – hope that answers your question 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Is that in England?

Max Buss
Participant
@max-buss

Yeah it is! Wrong place to be posting?

Max Buss
Participant
@max-buss

Sorry for the slow reply but cheers man! Will check them out!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.