Uriken
Participant
@uriken

Hi out there to all my fellow Tattoo fans. I have visited this site time and time again and just never took the time to become a member. Finally I shook off the lazyness and here I am but this time with a name and face. I been a tattoo lover from an early age of 7. My generation was the big hair music generation with the latest Rock Hall Induction band Guns N Roses as one of my all time favorite piss older folks off music bands. The art on their Appetite album was the beginning of tattoo interest for me as I saw time and time again people getting the logo somewhere on their body. I always had a steady creative hand to draw and usually stuff like on the Motley Crue album cover of Dr.Feelgood was my creative style that had me drawing others tats time and time again. After finally getting my 1st tattoo at the age of 19 I watched the guy go to work on my forearm for 3 steady hours and just kept thinking about how I could possibly do this too. I studied his every move and asked enough questions to anoy the guy to the point he got the hint I was gonna be out there trying it sooner then later. The good thing was I had the smarts to look into it through books, video’s, and stopping in shops to ask more questions before picking up some machine somewhere and going to town creating some miserable mess that wouldnt come off. After a good couple years of research I went for it buying a total tat kit from Superior Tattoo and practiced on anything that would resemble skin. After some education on blood born pathogens and sterilization I went for it and actually did my 1st tattoo right on myself. Talk about a challenge. Trying to focus on the technique while dealing with that lovely pain was still something I dont forget. It actually came out pretty good but its always nice when your doing it and you have your own equipment because you can work on it till your happy or at least clean it up as you grow with learning. So here I am years later stil learning and hungry to create. Glad to be here as a member.
Uriken 🙂

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Glad to have you!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

we dont recommend anyone tattoo without a proper apprenticeship, it shows disrespect for the artform we love, it is unsafe and people get bad tattoos that friends of mine have to laser off or cover up,
while we welcome you to hang out here, we would ask that you not tattoo anyone, at least not until you are being supervised by a professional tattoo artist

Uriken
Participant
@uriken

Nice to see how others respond on here without knowing their facts. Its been years for me doing tattoo’s and I can humbly compete with the best out there with my work. Whats interesting is my 1st tat was better then the guy teaching me and had a life time under his belt. Take the time to get books and ask questions at shops with a good education in blood born pathogens and you can be an artist over time just like anyone else. If you really dig deep you will find that the average tattoo artist got where they are at from their own efforts and not others watching over them. Most just dont admit it.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I dont believe a fucking word your scratching ass says, if you could tattoo for shit I would already know who you were,

I notice you didnt leave us any pics, am I surprised, no………..I already know what you can do………….how many mags you been in?….how many dvd’s you sold…………trophies of the day at what convention?

good luck selling that shit in the trailer park, we aint buying here

Original six
Participant
@original-six

What do u sterilize with? Boiled water and a lighter ?

InkedJames
Participant
@inkedjames

Lol I was really looking forward to chens response to that and it did not disappoint!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

james I lost my religion there for a minute, I just dont have any respect for people who dont respect the traditions of this artform………………there is no way in hell I would start tattooing on my own, you and I know some professional nationally ranked artists who have started in the kitchen…..and they all said it was wrong, you dont learn right, it is hard to unlearn bad habits you learn working without the proper supervision, Ive never seen a kitchen magician produce a piece I would pay my money for, they are liars…………..lying to themselves trying to justify what they have done………..they know it is wrong,

Dave Antonito of Atlantas Good Clean Fun is a nationally known tattoo artist originally from NY, he owns a shop in metro Atlanta says he still uses the hammer! (in the old days if they caught you scratching they hammered your hands)

thats why I really admire the guys who put the ebay machine down and come clean and start an apprenticeship

what a bunch of shit, to start a thread called “I love Art in the form of tattoo”

Uriken
Participant
@uriken

Now I remember why I dont join sites like this and post on forums. While Im on the site to contribute positive feedback and to get to know peoples creative ways, there is always that one guy that thinks he is the princess and knows all above everyone else. And on top of that runs his mouth because of course he isnt standing in front of me and spends all day just parked on a site rather then actually doing a tattoo. I really like the response that I must be a no body because he doesnt know me. His ego is a joke in itself. I been doing tattoos correctly for the last 16 years and thankfully have had somewhat of a gift from the beginning with a strong drawing ability and creative mind while spending many years researching and asking questions along with 2 apprenticeships. The 1st was a joke probably like the one the princess would offer parked on here doing nothing. Somehow for that I as a new member am less then him. So I will return to doing what I love while they wait for the next opportunity to slam someone they dont even know. Hell, I didnt even get a chance to post any of my work. But then again Id probably be told next it really isnt my work or some dumb shit. I see how many responses and how much time he is parked on here and not doing actual tattoo’s. The princess is sure good at making threats and covering up his own weakness’s. As for me “I do love art in the form of tattoo’s” and guys such as himself dont and wont effect my efforts and what I enjoy doing on a daily basis. To all those out there new and getting into this beautiful artform, I wish you goodluck and success. Dont allow anyone such as the joke of an artist on here to detour you from your efforts and journey to make progress and learn. Time to go do some actual tattoo work and see another happy face walk out the door. And for Mr.Princess,..well where Im from we dont hide behind type on a computer and for sure I dont have anymore time to waste on reading your ballsless bullshit.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Although Chen’s reply was unnecessarily rude, he is right that we don’t exactly welcome scratchers in here.

That being said, I’d be very interested to see the quality of your work. You see, you make two points that I believe to be completely erroneous.

Firstly, you say that “if you really dig deep you will find that the average tattoo artist got where they are at from their own efforts and not others watching over them. Most just dont admit it.”
Now, if we leave out the obvious comment about average artists not being the focal point of Chen’s ravings, but rather proper and good artists, of course all tattoo artists (and indeed all artists and actually most people in the world) get good from their own efforts. Practice is the only thing that will make you any good at anything, and nobody can help you practice. Teachers can tech you WHAT to do and HOW to do it properly, but most importantly the teacher is there to teach you what NOT to do and how NOT to do it. In the tattoo industry that means not butchering people’s skin and perhaps permanently scarring them both physically and mentally.

This whole “most just won’t admit it” bull just doesn’t hold water. It’s scratcher self-justification nonsense, and if you did only the tiniest bit of reading on the matter you might see that the truly great tattoo artists that started as scratchers and became great, vehemently oppose scratching and admit that they were foolish and ignorant and should have chosen a better path.

Secondly, you say that after 16 years of hard work you are far better than many others. That is all fine and dandy, but you being better than many does is no way, shape or form equate to you being any GOOD. Your work speaks for yourself, so if you think you are any good then I would love to see examples. Who knows, you might shut Mr. Chen up?

Panter
Participant
@panter
Uriken;112044 wrote:
Now I remember why I dont join sites like this and post on forums. While Im on the site to contribute positive feedback and to get to know peoples creative ways, there is always that one guy that thinks he is the princess and knows all above everyone else. And on top of that runs his mouth because of course he isnt standing in front of me and spends all day just parked on a site rather then actually doing a tattoo. I really like the response that I must be a no body because he doesnt know me. His ego is a joke in itself. I been doing tattoos correctly for the last 16 years and thankfully have had somewhat of a gift from the beginning with a strong drawing ability and creative mind while spending many years researching and asking questions along with 2 apprenticeships. The 1st was a joke probably like the one the princess would offer parked on here doing nothing. Somehow for that I as a new member am less then him. So I will return to doing what I love while they wait for the next opportunity to slam someone they dont even know. Hell, I didnt even get a chance to post any of my work. But then again Id probably be told next it really isnt my work or some dumb shit. I see how many responses and how much time he is parked on here and not doing actual tattoo’s. The princess is sure good at making threats and covering up his own weakness’s. As for me “I do love art in the form of tattoo’s” and guys such as himself dont and wont effect my efforts and what I enjoy doing on a daily basis. To all those out there new and getting into this beautiful artform, I wish you goodluck and success. Dont allow anyone such as the joke of an artist on here to detour you from your efforts and journey to make progress and learn. Time to go do some actual tattoo work and see another happy face walk out the door. And for Mr.Princess,..well where Im from we dont hide behind type on a computer and for sure I dont have anymore time to waste on reading your ballsless bullshit.

Simple solution here, post pictures of your work.
Yes, some of the greats started out scratching, the vast majority didn’t and anyway, times have changed.

I’m sure Mr C will be the first to admit he’s wrong if you are very good, so, just post some examples.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

my phone number, my address and where I work are on my facebook (themrchen) , I am on the national chenoweth database (we have some famous family members, senators, doctors, architects, actors etc) I dont hide, feel free to visit anytime you like, I hide from no one, former bouncer, former marine, baltimore street kid, I am actually looking forward to it, hell I will pay for your gas for your dejecting ride home

I know a nationally known magazine feautured artist who started in a kitchen, of course he went legit, it pays great, but in my 48 years I have never seen one with talent that didnt go legit, heck these guys make over 100K a year…………..if your that good why would you not go legit and take the money that goes with the job, for those that posses that kind of skill…………………………………….BUT REMEMBER guys it wont matter if this cat is good or not, (but you and I know he is not), he disrespects this craft, and IM NOT OK WITH THAT

yes, Im rude to scratchers, sorry no apologies,……………unless Uriken wants to renouce his scratchin ways he doesnt belong here

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.