BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

Hi Everyone!

For as long as I can remember I’ve loved tattoos and always wanted one but just never had the guts to do it. I love my Dad’s tattoos which he first got when he joined the RAF when he was 17 and I’ve seen and supported loads of friends through their own tattoo experiences.

Finally though this year I was going to do it. My fiance asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said I want a tattoo! That being decided I headed to our local place with design in hand and after a couple of consultations yesterday was my first day in the chair.

I took my other half along with me as I’m a bit of a wimp and wanted some moral support but I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. I found the outlining a bit painful but the shading didn’t really hurt it just started to feel very hot. I have to go back next week for one more appointment to finish it off but I’m already planning on what I want done next!

Here’s a pic of the work in progress. Sorry it’s not great detail but trying to take a picture of yourself and hold your t shirt up and stop the dog from jumping on you is pretty awkward. When it’s completed I’ll get my fella to take some good close ups.

photo7.jpg

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning loads more about the world of tattoos!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Hey there, welcome to the forums!

I like the tattoo, should be very nice when finished. Look forward to seeing the final piece.

Are you going to keep it quite dark or loads of colour?

Ckneasel
Participant
@ckneasel

that looks really nice…

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

Thank you guys. The plan is to keep it b/g for the time being but I would like to continue to add to it over the years to make a much larger piece.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

nice looking tattoo so far…………..welcome to the forum, hope you really enjoy

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum and the tattoo is coming a long quite nicely! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.