volcomsk86
Participant
@volcomsk86

Hey all, glad to find a forum about tattoos. My initial reason to join was to find out how I can get my wife to agree to completing my sleeve!

First tattoo came largely on my forearm of my sons name, kind of hidden in an Arabic look, then I got a tree on the top of my arm… hoping she would love it and say keep going. She said no more tattoos. Any ideas?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
volcomsk86;108360 wrote:
Hey all, glad to find a forum about tattoos. My initial reason to join was to find out how I can get my wife to agree to completing my sleeve!

First tattoo came largely on my forearm of my sons name, kind of hidden in an Arabic look, then I got a tree on the top of my arm… hoping she would love it and say keep going. She said no more tattoos. Any ideas?

Man up, grow some balls? lol Only kidding mate!

Try suggesting getting one together maybe? Involve her in the design?

Failing that Handbags and shoes!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I explain mine to people like this……….this is my earth suit, what I do with it is very personal, I dont tell you how to wear your hair, what to weigh, what makeup to wear………..I will do with my earth suit what I wish, I choose to adorn it extensively, it has been a plan since I was 15 years old

I dont ask permission

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

This is a tough problem. I have the same issue with my husband. I’m getting my second tattoo on Saturday and it most likely will be my last. I think if I had all ready had tattoos when we got married, it would be a totally different story. If you cannot convince her, then you have to decide if you will do it anyway or give up getting more tattoos. Perhaps with time she will change her mind. I’m hoping this for my own situation. It took me a year to convince him to get the first one, so, it was a long process for me. There isn’t an easy answer here. You just have to figure out how to convince her, do it anyway or give up the idea. For some people, getting a tattoo is a deal-breaker, so only you know how this would affect your marriage. Good luck. 🙂

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I really don’t understand why someone that loves someone would stop them doing something that they want to with their own bodies.

My Mrs is not in to tattoos but she would never ever tell me not to do them and I wouldn’t ever stop her if she wanted them done.

I realise not everyone is the same but you only live once, enjoy it and stop stressing about trivial shit like getting inked.

volcomsk86
Participant
@volcomsk86

Thanks everyone. We’ll have to see what happens. She always shuts off immediately when I mention a new tattoo. I’d probably stop (probably) after I get my new one… Just don’t like having 2 large tattoos stamped on my foream/lower arm. I want them to connect more and be more of a lower half sleeve.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

You could always follow the policy I employ at work, “It’s always easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission” Not quite a tattoo, but… unless it’s the responsible thing and don’t waste money, a completed sleeve looks much better than bits – especially if you are already on the lower part of the arm, so if she is concerned of “Publicly” displayed tattoos well it’s a bit late.

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

My wife has 1 small tattoo and is considering a second but is not a fan of major tattoo coverage. So I expected some resistance when I announced that I wanted to get a chest plate and half sleeve as my 50th birthday present to myself.
She surprised me and is very supportive as long as it is what I really want (which it is). I am not sure how I will go if (when) I want the other arm done, although there is already a tattoo in the way there. It may have to be my 55th birthday present to me. It will probably take that long to get back into my artist.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.