Dwaddell
Participant
@dwaddell

[lang=en]Good evening folks

If I could say hello to you all! Just came across the site and can be assured I’ll be spending some time on here lookin through all suggestions and ideas etc

I’ve already got 5 tattoos but I’ve been searching for that next idea as you do..

Having spoken with my father tonight he told me a story about his dad who died when I was young. Its taken him many yers to talk openly about him and just now am i starting to see how my dad felt about him. Without going into great detail, he worked all his days in a steel works, working his ass off but enjoyed workin alongside my dad, my uncle and all his friends until an early heart attack took him in his early 50s.

I’m looking fr some ideas as a memorial to him. Maybe something with steel works in mind? It was gartcosh steel works where he worked. A big part of local history before it was shut down some 20 years ago.

I would really appreciate any ideas from you guys.

Thanks

Dave, Scotland.[/lang]

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Hi mate – welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your dad

yes, first thing that came to my mind was a steel works as well

What part of the body are you thinking of getting the tattoo on?

that will make a difference on what people suggest (due to size limitations etc)

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

hi! welcome to the forum, my own grandfather use to work down the mines in yorkshire so i know what you mean, have you thought of an anatomical heart incorporated into it somewhere as it could have dual meaning? you say that he loved being around friends and family so he obviously had a big heart and a lot of love to give but it was sadly his lovely heart that gave out? just an idea for an element? of course if you’re looking for metal works, you could get a really orinigal biomech style sleeve? x

Dwaddell
Participant
@dwaddell

[lang=en]Hi guys thanks for the replys. I hadn’t thought of the heart idea, very nice idea though. I already have a “dad” tattoo on my right arm bicept so something to tie in around that perhaps, or something like bubbling steel above it/securing it going up to my collar bone area? ๐Ÿ™‚ so many ideas but just can’t put them together![/lang]

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ™‚

post pictures when this tattoo is done ๐Ÿ™‚

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

welcome to the forum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.