patteh
Participant
@patteh

Hi, I’m Patty and I’m 23. I’ve always liked tattoos and piercings, I have 5 tattoos and am down to 5 piercings.
At one point I had 11 piercings lol but I let most of them close.

I’m actually trying to join the army national guard here in the U.S. and I have a slight problem.
I got my fingers tattooed with UV ink 2 years ago that says VAFFANCULO. Which at the time i thought wasn’t a terrible idea cause I had heard that it shouldn’t be visible in regular light. Except that I got it in green and it is still visible in regular light. I need to at least lighten the ink to the point that it is no longer visible unless under a black light and have been using a skin lightening cream from palmer’s containing 2% hydroquinone but it doesn’t seem to be making much of a difference. Is there a better, inexpensive way to lighten it?

here’s a pic of my left hand (it’s more visible than my right hand for some reason)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/Patteh/uvtattoo.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sorry, no. Nothing truly works except lasers or belt sanders. I won’t recommend the latter.

patteh
Participant
@patteh

[lang=en]Damn… thanks for replying though.

I was thinking maybe if I tan enough it won’t be as noticeable cause since I’m pretty white right now that might be a reason it shows so much. And exposure to sunlight generally fades tattoos, I just don’t know how well it fades uv tattoos.[/lang]

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Yes, sunlight fades tattoos. It turns black into blue/green in a matter of a decade or two (which is by the way exactly what happens when you use these supposed “tattoo removal creams”) but it’s never going to go away completely.

And I don’t even know if UV ink reacts to lasers in the first place. UV ink is so very new on the market, and nobody really knows it’s long-term effects or lasting.

CORNISH! Come here and tell us about UV tattoo removal 😀

patteh
Participant
@patteh

I’ve actually continued using the Palmer’s skin lightening cream on my tattoo and I think it’s helped. It’s still visible but even my brother told me the other day that it looks lighter. There is a warning that it shouldn’t be used for more than a 6 week period but hopefully it keeps helping til i reach that time 🙂

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The balm is merely a mild acid that is eroding the skin and pigment slightly. It is not massively effective.

Laser is best option but that would mean having to pay for anything upto 12 sessions (although more likely 6) to get rid of the visible pigment.

The way to look at is not how much laser will cost but how badly you want into the corps (accumulated pay from a career there will make laser treatment peanuts comparatively).

The other thing is can you get away with band aids over the tattoos until you have it removed?

Take care
Matthew

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

That cream is bullshit. Your brother is right your tattoo looks faded I am sure but it wont be the cream thats for certain. Your skin changing colour due to weather will make you tattoo seem lighter or darker.
Everything you need to know about UV removal is in clear view on any day on the arms of old sailors and soldiers. I regularly see 70 year old tattoos that are always on view that are still super sharp.

Please dont be offended but UV with green in it? What were you thinking? Please tell anyone who will listen how this has effected your life.

I would look into getting ruby laser treatment and hang the cost. As has been said already how much do you want the Corp?

Good luck I hope it all works out for you.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with everything! :):)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.