danimal
Participant
@danimal

Hi im new to the forum and to tattoos really hoping to get some design advice and tips from some of u guys who know what your talking about 🙂 I have a dragon tattooed on my right shoulder blade when i was 15 (stupid i know) and after 9 years i have finally had some inspiration to add to it, Unfortunately im having some trouble designing it due to my poor art skills. any advice on how to design it myself but get around the drawing aspect would be great

Thanks Dan

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Just want to say hi and welcome to the forum. 🙂

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Hi welcome to the forum, first thing j would do is research some really awesome Japanese artists in your area, people on here will be able to point you in the right direction there, then I would contact them and go and have a chat about placement and ideas you have and leave them to the drawing, if you can find some pictures on line as reference material for things you like then that will also help but they won’t copy someone else’s work if you go to a really good artist so you will still end up with something really unique and beautiful 🙂 x

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Go to the tattoo artist you have chosen to do the tattoo and tell him your design and exactly what you want and he can design it exactly the way you want it, It’s part of the process.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Welocme, by the sound of it your drawing skills are better than mine. I go with my vague concepts to my tattooist then after some discussion we come up with the design.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome Dan. Maybe we can help point you to a good tattooist.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Welcome. Where are you from?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.